The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

It was, and HJC told me to fuck off. I complained to the BBB, and HJC just screwed around until I got tired of it and gave up. Its their best helmet because its their race model, its the most expensive model, and its the model with the best warranty and comes with the most stuff. 

Just so you know, there are DOT helmets that do better than Snell helmets, etc. The BEST way to see how well a helmet will perform is by using this website. http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Damn dude, makes me not want to consider them for my next helmet... (I was thinking of maybe getting another and having my old be a passenger's helmet). I still don't get what makes it the best, other than being more expensive and being their "race model" what does that even mean lol. And what kind of best warranty didn't cover the break down of everything that happened :O

Oh so maybe I have a hidden gem then :teehee: , oh well I'll try not to fall on my head...on my 7+ year old tires ;)

Don't do it. HJC is crap. That's what I'm doing with my current HJC, saving it for the occasional passengers. The "race" models are made to protect the head from stronger impacts, which would occur when racing. They're also snell approved, which is required for the track. A DOT helmet could protect better than a snell helmet but the DOT wouldn't be okay on the track because it hasn't passed the tests (basically a tax). 

Don't fall on your head with your current helmet lol. You won't like it. 

I thought it was a close up of a hairy bicep at first. :lol:

I can supply one of those lol.

Snagged these today to make some .308

PICTURE!

So how much does it save handloading? I was always curious

It was, and HJC told me to fuck off. I complained to the BBB, and HJC just screwed around until I got tired of it and gave up. Its their best helmet because its their race model, its the most expensive model, and its the model with the best warranty and comes with the most stuff. 

Just so you know, there are DOT helmets that do better than Snell helmets, etc. The BEST way to see how well a helmet will perform is by using this website. http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Damn dude, makes me not want to consider them for my next helmet... (I was thinking of maybe getting another and having my old be a passenger's helmet). I still don't get what makes it the best, other than being more expensive and being their "race model" what does that even mean lol. And what kind of best warranty didn't cover the break down of everything that happened :O

Oh so maybe I have a hidden gem then :teehee: , oh well I'll try not to fall on my head...on my 7+ year old tires ;)

Don't do it. HJC is crap. That's what I'm doing with my current HJC, saving it for the occasional passengers. The "race" models are made to protect the head from stronger impacts, which would occur when racing. They're also snell approved, which is required for the track. A DOT helmet could protect better than a snell helmet but the DOT wouldn't be okay on the track because it hasn't passed the tests (basically a tax). 

Don't fall on your head with your current helmet lol. You won't like it. 

Lol ok ok, no HJC. I almost bought a second helmet for the ex a couple months ago because there was a small HJC that was like $60 at a flea market and it looked brand new.

So Snell isn't that big of a deal and more of a pay up kind of certification more than a free honor for good helmets?

I'll be sure not to!

Snell certifications cost a lot of money for manufacturers, that's why some helmets that could pass snell with flying colors only have DOT certifications. Basically the best thing to do is go to that sharp website and look at helmet ratings on there. It'll show how well helmets protect the head for multiple impact points. 

Snell certifications cost a lot of money for manufacturers, that's why some helmets that could pass snell with flying colors only have DOT certifications. Basically the best thing to do is go to that sharp website and look at helmet ratings on there. It'll show how well helmets protect the head for multiple impact points. 

Gotcha, I bookmarked it for future reference...for now I'll rock my HCI value champ haha

I thought it was a close up of a hairy bicep at first. :lol:

I can supply one of those lol.

Snagged these today to make some .308

PICTURE!

So how much does it save handloading? I was always curious

Little under half the cost of factory ammo.

I'll show you a video to discourage you from doing that... 

VIDEO!

Lol I love that video....but hope that my helmet isn't like that. Tell ya what, I'll make one for you whenever I get a new helmet with mine. I'll donate it to the cause!

Little under half the cost of factory ammo.

How long did it take to get there? I'm talking after the purchase of all the proper loading equipment, and how difficult was it or or how long did it take to get proficient at it?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well, they're in the UK, and I'm not sure they have HCI stuff over there, sooo...

And yeah, I'll bet you a high five if you win.

Maybe I'll contact them, I wouldn't mind forking up the money to ship it there and the helmet itself if it saves other riders

A high five...dollars? or a high five...tier level membership here? :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S