The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

It's from CZs custom shop so it's one of their triggers with some work done to it. It's easy to not notice where it resets. Pull feels like less than 3lb. Not aimed at carry lol. Been shooting this more than my other stuff lately.

Have not kept up, are CZ still complicated, best to disassemble in a clear plastic bag. Lots of little springs? I forget where and which model I heard that about.

Savage .22 looks a good shooter. .22s are fun.

fwiw, building cheap computer for a friend with an I3 2100 I never got around to using.

Purchased ASUS P8H67 motherboard new retail with 90 day warranty from 3BTech. $60 after "tenbucks" coupon. Looks like it will do the job, hopefully reliable and trouble free.

I took the slide off my CZ and disassembled the major components and it wasn't bad at all. Only annoying part was pushing the slide lock pin in and out. I'll report back on the Savage tomorrow, I'm taking it to the range.

I haven't seen an inaccurate gun in his hands...ever lol.

It was especially good though. He was shooting lefty and hit the gong 3 times in a row.

Still.  He's hit the gong with a KSG too.  I bet you could put a sling shot in his hands and he'd still hit the gong lol.

I haven't seen an inaccurate gun in his hands...ever lol.

It was especially good though. He was shooting lefty and hit the gong 3 times in a row.

Still.  He's hit the gong with a KSG too.  I bet you could put a sling shot in his hands and he'd still hit the gong lol.

Well, guess we'll see how it does tomorrow lol. Wonder if I'll shoot it any better than I do my dad's Glock 19. I don't like them very much but I shoot it better than any other handgun I've owned.

Have not kept up, are CZ still complicated, best to disassemble in a clear plastic bag. Lots of little springs? I forget where and which model I heard that about.

Savage .22 looks a good shooter. .22s are fun.

fwiw, building cheap computer for a friend with an I3 2100 I never got around to using.

Purchased ASUS P8H67 motherboard new retail with 90 day warranty from 3BTech. $60 after "tenbucks" coupon. Looks like it will do the job, hopefully reliable and trouble free.

slide, frame, barrel, recoil spring/guide, take down/slide lock. Stupid simple just like most slide guns. May have to get another cz, again.

Nice gun! What model is that? I won't be carrying my .38 because its just too mint for that. The CZ 75 will be the daily beater, and its a much better round than the .38.

Alright, so I got a chance to take a look at it this morning after not being able to find it anywhere on the intertubes yesterday. Now that I have the model number I STILL can't find it anywhere.  It's a Taurus Model 85 of some sort but I'll have to double check the details when I see it again as I can't find it anywhere online.

Where does it say model 85 in it? That's a revolver from Taurus.

I know that, but model 85 is like saying my XD-9mm Subcompact is an XD or that my CPU is an i7.  It's stamped (very poorly) on the inside when you open it behind the part I circled red in this pic

atu1dj.jpg

It says 85 on the top line and a 4 digit number on the next line down, it's that 4 digit number that I MAY have misread in a hurry however I THINK it was 2362.  Just so happens though I noticed a tool on the Taurus website that takes your SN and turns it into Model and production year:

Your Model Is 85SS3

Production Year 2000

More info

It's a bit beat up (scratches) and isn't the newest revolver tech, but it's never failed to function as intended and send the bullet down range pointy end first so I can't complain.

I don't know about Taurus, but if I said my S&W was a Model 64, it would be my exact gun. The only way to be more specific is saying its a 64-3 which will narrow it down to the late 70's or early 80's and will tell you whether it's got a pinned barrel, recessed cylinder, has a lock, etc. Interesting how they didn't stamp 85SS3 onto the yoke. 

I don't mind too much about not having the latest revolver technology, they're old school anyways.