United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

Can't wait for this whole thing to be over. I've stayed away from watching cable news coverage for the past couple of months and yet I'm still worn out by the election.

QFT....I've been ready for this circus to be over for a couple months lol

It'll be nice for all of the annoying political recordings calls to end as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, placed my vote this morning....and I voted for neither of the pathetic candidates. Go ahead and say I threw my vote away, I have a clear conscious with it. :)

You threw your vote away. :P I'm glad you have a clear conscious with it. Just empathize with the poor bastards who can't afford (literally) to vote their true beliefs due to the pain that will ensue if the 'greater of two evils' candidate wins. ;)

Something has to be said for being in a particular social/financial class that makes it such that you have nothing to lose regardless of who wins. It's much easier to be honest that way.

as opposed to telegraph.co.uk/fact/ ? :lol:

An opinion can be formed using legitimate facts.

I was pointing out that it's opinion to any members who read the article without realising. Besides, if you lived here you'd know what people thought of the Telegraph's columnists. <_< :lol:

All opinion is formed using facts, doesn't make it any good :P

It's always interesting to read people's opinions, whether you agree with them or not.

As for the views expressed about the U.S. economy, I think as long as whoever gets in doesn't try (as all politicians seem to) too many short term pokey stick actions (short term intervention 'generally' bad) and takes some action to ensure job losses don't escalate too much, then you should be set for when the next (inevitable) upturn occurs.

As for the views expressed about the U.S. economy, I think as long as whoever gets in doesn't try (as all politicians seem to) too many short term pokey stick actions (short term intervention 'generally' bad) and takes some action to ensure job losses don't escalate too much, then you should be set for when the next (inevitable) upturn occurs.

Well, start worrying then. We are in the process of putting into the power the biggest "pokey stick" group of politicians in US history. Americans are banking on their promises of a quick fix, and it's going to backfire... but hey, I'm just along for the ride.

well, placed my vote this morning....and I voted for neither of the pathetic candidates. Go ahead and say I threw my vote away, I have a clear conscious with it. :)

Funny enough, I only had to wait an hour this morning to vote. All the people that voted early were waiting like 3 hours haha

You didn't throw away your vote. You're either a patriotic American who exercised his right to vote or you're a jackass who spit on the memory of the millions of men and women who sacrificed greatly to earn and preserve that right for you. Throwing away your vote is when you don't vote at all.

Well, start worrying then. We are in the process of putting into the power the biggest "pokey stick" group of politicians in US history. Americans are banking on their promises of a quick fix, and it's going to backfire... but hey, I'm just along for the ride.

Problem is that we don't have a viable long term strategy candidate. I sincerely hope the Republicans get whooped today only so that they can realize that they need to change their message to one that will appeal to the American people. Kick out the religious nutjobs, bring back the notions of small government, fiscal responsibility, and low taxes for all, and you've got yourself a potentially resurgent Republican party.

Obviously it's not certain that short term intervention will backfire (markets are unpredictable beasts after all), I just hope that those who come to power realise that short term control is largely illusory and at best entirely unpredictable.

Either way, it will be pretty hard to mess up completely and ruin the average long term small positive growth in just a few years. :)