United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

This is just like the campaign. Partial, out of context information back and forth.

Obama is President-elect.

Some people voted for him, some didn't.

No candidate has views that everyone can agree on, that's why there's a process.

People say a lot of things.

The only thing that matters now is what he and the Congress do.

Only time will tell at this point, the die is cast.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok your not going to see me do much of this 'cause I'm not a big fan of the left but I am a big fan of truthfulness, accuracy and at least some fundamental understanding of words ....I just went over and re-read the Obama/Biden national plan---start to finish. The words "required" and "community service" appear together only regarding a $4000.00 tax credit ( there's THAT phrase again)) in exchange for 100 hours of community service for college kids ( that's $40.00 an hour). With regard to other types of community service the word "enable" is used.

So unless I've missed something........???

Thank you for finding all that Jack Stand. I looked at http://www.change.gov/americaserves/ and it said nothing to that effect. I agree, it doesn't look so bad in this form. Though I do wonder what a "tax credit" means. What college student even pays $4000 in taxes in the first place that they could be "credited" that amount?

Ok your not going to see me do much of this 'cause I'm not a big fan of the left but I am a big fan of truthfulness, accuracy and at least some fundamental understanding of words ....I just went over and re-read the Obama/Biden national plan---start to finish. The words "required" and "community service" appear together only regarding a $4000.00 tax credit ( there's THAT phrase again)) in exchange for 100 hours of community service for college kids ( that's $40.00 an hour). With regard to other types of community service the word "enable" is used.

So unless I've missed something........???

Why does that not surprise me?

The right is just bitter and is trying everything it can to discredit the left's policies. Don't worry, the only thing you missed is that Rehit is a troll and that you should just ignore anything he has to say since most of what he says is wrong.

Thank you for finding all that Jack Stand. I looked at http://www.change.gov/americaserves/ and it said nothing to that effect. I agree, it doesn't look so bad in this form. Though I do wonder what a "tax credit" means. What college student even pays $4000 in taxes in the first place that they could be "credited" that amount?

I'm fairly certain the tax credit isn't going to go to the student but rather the parent.

This is just like the campaign. Partial, out of context information back and forth.

Obama is President-elect.

Some people voted for him, some didn't.

No candidate has views that everyone can agree on, that's why there's a process.

People say a lot of things.

The only thing that matters now is what he and the Congress do.

Only time will tell at this point, the die is cast.

I agree with you Phil..........but I would add that for just the reasons you've listed that "reasonable discussions" are necessary and should take place. I am bothered by and see little or no value in the constant finger pointing and sophomoric references from one side to the other. There is coming some enormously important legislation in the next few years. Important to all of us , no doubt, but IMHO if you're 40 yrs. old or younger it is vital to pay close attention to what takes place in our nations capitol. Perhaps it will be the kind of change that is wanted & expected ---perhaps not.

I also see the value in the discussion, but this seems to have become just making/rebutting claims based on partial or no facts. The assumptions about someone else's views based on stereotypes doesn't help either.

Why does that not surprise me?

The right is just bitter and is trying everything it can to discredit the left's policies. Don't worry, the only thing you missed is that Rehit is a troll and that you should just ignore anything he has to say since most of what he says is wrong.

My post was no attack on you or anyone else...I wondered what the truth was regarding this issue and went to the source for the answer. There I found it and posted what I found and for that you attack me.

Most of us on the right are not bitter. We are however, a bit disappointed.

Responses like yours just re-enforce why I agree all the more with President-elect Obama that the need to further education is so very,very important.

Just FYI Jack Stand, I really don't think Kash was attacking you at all.

Personally, I was thankful that you questioned it. I think his "why does this not surprise me" is meant to imply that he's not surprised at what you found, and not at what you said.

Anyways, I don't mean to speak for Kash, but I just don't want people to get all worked up when it may just be a misunderstanding.

Just FYI Jack Stand, I really don't think Kash was attacking you at all.

Personally, I was thankful that you questioned it. I think his "why does this not surprise me" is meant to imply that he's not surprised at what you found, and not at what you said.

Anyways, I don't mean to speak for Kash, but I just don't want people to get all worked up when it may just be a misunderstanding.

Ahhh, if that is the case...I offer Kash my apology.

Anyone ever notice that the one question that never gets asked by anyone to any of the candidates is 'how?' I really want to see a president do the following in one or even two terms in office: lower taxes, lower/remove the national debt, end 2 wars, universal healthcare, end poverty, improve border security, deport illegals, re-define the tax brackets, bankrupt coal industry, create jobs/lower unemployment, improve education system, offer government employees better wages, re-distribute wealth, and still find time to buy his children a puppy... Honestly I think these guys sit at home and find different ways to complete the sentence "I am going to ... _____ ... if I become president."

And if these guys are all about cooperation, equality, and 'giving the truth' then why don't they just share their ideas, combine them, and make laws that actually govern the people and work for us?