67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Review site or in a review?
    • I was solicited to come here by someone
    • Random Google Search
    • Another tech site/BBS
    • I am part of the conspiracy that A_G is afraid of
    • Not options 1-5...

Was looking for a little info in the 975x/g that i had purchased, & the 'random google' brought me here.

It was only after that(& a hell of a lot of reading/catching up) that i discovered the NF4 DFI board that i returned (cause it didn't support SLI, even though it had 2 PCI-E slots) could be easily modded to SLI, & here was me stuck with an ASUS A8N in place of it :(

..come to think of it, it was with the discovery of this place that i finally ditched the dial-up internet account in favour of something quicker.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blooz1

I found DFI-Street after picking up a DFI nF3 250Gb. I followed the O/C Guide there, and never had any problems with that board, which I still have (Honorably retired).

My cover is that of a lowly tekkie in need of overclocking advice for my DFI board.

But what A_G doesn't know is I'm part of the Polish Intelligence Systems Service (PISS for short) and am watching his every move.

I didn't find dfi-street until I had sold my NF2 UltraB's to move into a NF3 250. I wish I would have found it sooner as the NF2 was almost enough to drive me insane but I finally got a handle on it..

I was looking for the best mobo and DFI kept coming to the top. Once I decided DFI was for me, then, I began looking for some tech info about the boards.

This is what lead me to DIY-Street.

So glad to be here!!:drool:

After managing to kill my Asus board with a couple of volt mods, I needed another board for the Prescott after getting another Asus and took a hammer and smashed it to pieces after it would not boot. I came across a very well used but very great Pro875B by DFI. It took me a couple of months to read up on the board until I gained the confidence to OC with the Prescott. Been here ever since.

I was looking into getting a NF3 250 and someone suggested a DFI. I searched a little and found DFI-Street. After a few days lurking I saw that it was the best support site for a motherboard company so I went and bought the DFI NF3 250 cause I knew there was good support...

Google search.

I seem to recall looking for a good overclocking motherboard and the Sli-DR popped up with a lot of hits. Read some reviews on Newegg and decided it was the board for me. Of course I got the board then didn't know what the hell I was doing, but a quick Google search found the overclocking guide here. That was probably a good two months before I registered here.

I had the same story, my SLI-DR brought me here as well. I just don't remember where I found the link. It might have been either Google or a Newegg review.

I had clocked my NF7's as far as i could(would only do 225 fsb). The Lanparty B was released so i bought one from Overclockers Uk, who also have a forum. The Street was always being mentioned on the forum, so i came here. Been here ever since really. The best and most friendly clocking site i use, by a long way.

Actually, I have no recollection on how I found the Street. I’ve slept since then. All I can remember is that I had narrowed my board selection down to two. A DFI and an ASUS. I somehow found this forum when it was still DFI-Street, and it only took a day or two to seal the deal on the DFI board after finding this forum. I then lived in this forum for a few months. The help I got here building my rig was outstanding. The rig has been running for 16 months now without a single hiccup. I have wondered how I found the Street several times in the last 2 or 3 months, but just can’t remember. Sigh...