What is your town famous for?

OsamaBinAthlon+

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within a 100 mile radius we have: The Worlds first atomic explosion, Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett, the chile capitol of the world, Clyde Tombaugh (discoverer of the "nonplanet" Pluto), Werner Von Braun, and the future testing site of Future Combat Systems. This is also where the Gadsden purchase was signed which deeded a large chunk of Mexico to the US.
My grandpa was a nuclear physicist at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in the 60s, 70s, and 80s :D

My grandpa was a nuclear physicist at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in the 60s, 70s, and 80s :D

I was going to mention that, but it is out of the 100 mile radius. Glad to hear he retired before all of the security problems.

We are also home to the F111 Stealth fighters, soon to be the new home of the new YF22 Raptor jets. And our illustrious Governor is to be a presidential candidate. Ya'll can keep him.

Castleford, Idaho-Famous for a rock formation called Balance Rock

BalancedRock-Castleford.jpg

Also famous for the awesome 8-man football team that AG makes fun of. Its a small school of about 100 kids in the high school so small schools play 8-man in Idaho.

Born and raised in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We built the Titanic and then made the mistake of letting an English man steer it...lol. Moved here 5 years ago to a Chicago suburb where nothing ever happens.