NFS Franshise (Latest Carbon)

Guest oRiOn_merged

The last game EA put out in the NFS series that actually had potential and good physics was the Porsche 2000 game. I still play that game to date. I realize in real life physics dictate that a Porsche 911 Turbo with stage 3 ball bearings would most like spin out on full accelero, but I HATE the fact that on most wanted you can make any car go pretty much as fast as the fastest and it costs EXACTLY the same. WTF? Good one EA. I'll stick to my Porsche 2000...

boo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i best racing game that was when it was still here was motor city online:)

ea shut it down:(

i just got carbon and i like it so far love it more because of the muscle cars:)

and i got every other need for speed to and like them to.

and i like forza on xbox:) to me beats gran trimos any day:) and heres why to me every car seems to handle the same and no damage..

the game im waiting for is test drive unlimite for pc:)

• 4 weeks later...

I liked NFS:MW. Last game from the nfs series I bought was NFS 3: hot pursuit, quite some time ago. NFS:MW looked good, all the car tuning stuff I also enjoyed simply because I had never sen that in a game before. Lost the fun after half a dozen bosses I beat.

I just played carbon the other day and its an improved version of nfsmw. Did not like it. Didn't feel good with my momo wheel.

One thing I agree with you guys is that this series is definitely aimed at 12 year old kids. All those actors with hairgel and makeup are really really lame. They could use some hotter chicks also.

Did anyone else play NFS about 15 years ago when it and Test Drive were as close to actual driving sims as they could get with the tech at the time?

I have played a lot of the NFS franchise since then, and it has never been as fun for me as those first few NFS games.

And I see Test Drive came back recently, but is pretty much in the post NFS:U trend.

Oh crap.

I did some searching. Test Drive came out in 1987. Wow. I am old. I have been playing computer games for over 20 years.

Someone shoot me!

How is this for some kick butt CGA graphics goodness?

http://www.c64gg.com/Images/T/Test_Drive_ingame1.gif

• 1 month later...

The last one I played and have for the PS2 is NFS: Hot Pursuit. Since then, they have catered to the riced out ghetto crowd. Gone are the days of good racing mixed mixed with Techno style music.

But, I suppose, eventually EA we will once again have a great racing game that doesn't deal with how many points your car gets depending on what stickers are on it :rolleyes:

BTW, burning out and loosing the rear end in a high horsepower vehicle is actually very possible. But if you tell me the rear tires are smokin on a FWD car, then lame LOL.

Now that I have a PS3 and played the Gran Turismo Concept all I have to say is it is amazing. The graphics are breathtaking, whoever says 360 is just as good as the PS3 is mistaken. The cars look amazing, the environment (only 1 map in concept) is stunning. The physics are soo real they piss me off because I have to slow down so much :) . On the other note Test Drive Unlimited for 360 is very good also. With the release of newer cars and the gameplay, being able to drive around with friends for endless hours, or racing other people online with custom mades routes across the island and for money, this game never gets boring. Forza 2 still looks very promising though!

-Will

• 4 weeks later...

I played Most Wanted.And I like it.It works good.The bad thing is that the burnout makes you get caught by the cops.The game is a bit more realistic then the others (except nfs porsche).It is noticeable that the car is slower until you get enough speed so the turbo gets spinning.I don't got the Carbon yet but I'm looking towards to buying it.Low on cash.