NFS Franshise (Latest Carbon)

Guest oRiOn_merged

Anyone think these latest Need for Speed games suck? Most Wanted was horrible, you couldn't accelerate without burning out and the steering geometry was ridiculous. Now there is Carbon, demo on 360, but I think it just brings the franchise down even lower. The cars just seem so fake while driving isn't even funny anymore. I think the whole drift/canyon run mode is lame and just tries to cater to 12 yr. olds.

Anyone else think that these games are just getting worse from EA?

-Will

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the fact is that more famous racing games, most especially NFS, is getting more and more Arcade........ that for few people that actually enjoy the challenge of the more "classic racing sim" is getting dissapointed by all the changes EA made to cater all the 12yr olds that whines when its too hard to steer with their console pad.........

Most Wanted is fun, altho thanks to the more arcade feeling then the previous game, i slice the whole game in less than 3 days... which gets kinda boring after a few weeks.... even in multiplayer (yeah sure, just get a faster engine n u wont get beaten if u have some kind of driving skill)

for me, im up to the point i just give up on racing games (regardles how pretty and freakin realistic (graphic wise) theyre making it day after days!).

Guest caffeinejunkie

I really liked the original Underground. I can remember playing it on some offbrand gfx card then getting a 9600 and being amazed at the difference :P. The second nfsug wasnt too bad but didnt hold a candle to the first.

There are a couple real good racing sim games on the PC. My friend has a whole setup at his house with 2 computers and 2 wheels with clutches and 6 speed shifters (Logitech G25 i think?). We play GTR2 and that game is really realistic with the clutch and shifting. This is really fun but it is always good playing a good arcade game, but I think these new NFS games are extremely arcade, so much to point of catering to noobs.

-Will