Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Problem with that being: If the CPU Temp Readout gets above the maximum allowed temp of that CPU, whether the cores aren't or not, it'll still shut down and reboot ;) least that's what I think happened when I was testing at 3.666GHz before I removed the liquid cooling... we'll see.

I was going to install it tonight but stupid BOA flagged my card with Fraud again for no damn reason, so now I gotta get up early to go by one of their stupid banks that's 40 miles away to get my freakin' account fixed for good, and I'm going to tell them if I get another damn email with my account flagged with possible fraud over my freakin' email they're going to be in PAIN by the time my LAWYER gets done with them.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with that being: If the CPU Temp Readout gets above the maximum allowed temp of that CPU, whether the cores aren't or not, it'll still shut down and reboot

I had a similar thing with my DFI 680i LT & DFI introduced a + or - temp thing into the BIOS which after I adjusted it to -14oC made Smartguardian read the same CPU temp as Coretemp. DFI later just corrected the imbalance & then removed the compensation thingy once they got it right.

Your CPU temp only looks 5oC out from your core temps which would suggest to me you don't have that much of a problem unless the gap widens massively under load.

Also if you are hitting the shutdown temp of the CPU which I think is 100oC even if your temp difference is as much as 20oC you are running way to hot & need to either lower the vcore or get better cooling.

CN

With all this talk about boards that don't work properly I thought I'd post a screenshot of one that does just fine.

500FSB, DDR2 1200

500fsb600ram.jpg

500_600a.jpg

500_600b.jpg

500_600c.jpg

500_600d.jpg

With all this talk about boards that don't work properly I thought I'd post a screenshot of one that does just fine.
We see that it clocks, how does it perform and how does it handle day to day? That's the kind of information I find myself looking at these days. Most of the companies have boards that can clock, they just aren't a total package..

We see that it clocks, how does it perform and how does it handle day to day? That's the kind of information I find myself looking at these days. Most of the companies have boards that can clock, they just aren't a total package..

I edited the above post to include Bios screenshots. Almost everything is at Defaults/Auto settings and voltages. It's just too easy with this board. 24/7 stable with a Tuniq and stock board cooling.

Is it faster then say a 965 chipset based board? Yes. Enough to justify buying it if a person already has a 965 based board? Probably not. The smarter thing to do would be to hold off for the X38.

I am going to be shooting for 3.666GHz and either stock or 940MHz on the RAM once I get my cooling installed properly and the heatsinks on the volt reg thingies redone, cuz at 940MHz when I tested previously, it wouldn't work in the other board for obvious reasons, but it did boot up a lot faster, which it only does at certain speeds on the RAM.

I'm hoping once I redo the volt regs or whatever those things are that need to be redone, the CPU temp issue will go away, and it'll actually allow me to use LESS voltage for the same overclocking, but honestly, as long as it doesn't require MORE voltage, I'll be slap happy as long as it works and it doesn't run too hot.

I edited the above post to include Bios screenshots. Almost everything is at Defaults/Auto settings and voltages. It's just too easy with this board. 24/7 stable with a Tuniq and stock board cooling.

Is it faster then say a 965 chipset based board? Yes. Enough to justify buying it if a person already has a 965 based board? Probably not. The smarter thing to do would be to hold off for the X38.

Thanks for the extra shots Praz. I didn't mean to sound rude but after rereading my post it did a little. My IP35 is doing the job for me so far, it won't run the killer FSB that some others will, but it is perfectly capable of maxing out the components I have now. I have kind of gotten away from extreme clocking so getting a decent clock and having a rig that runs server stable and silent has become more of a priority.

I've been wanting a try a new MB. My Asus has got the best of me, while my Expert still ticks away at 3.0GHz, no hiccups. I figured I give em shot and go with a P35-T2R. Hearing and seeing what people had to say about the MB, gave me a good feeling that my impulse buying will be worth it. I don't have the patience to wait for the X38.

Welp, got the AS Ceramique, redid the volt regs, and the CPU back to liquid... so far temps are A BIT warmer than stock should be, but I'ma let the AS5 cure... only sucking part is I seem to have made my CPU block leak, but I THINK I fixed it... the new setup doesn't leak, baring that minor problem I created by accidentally unscrewing a nozzle somewhat... ah well, we'll see.

Gonna crank back up to 3.666Ghz if the leak problem is solved, and test'er up.

>:O It passed the 3.666GHz testing, but it leaked! GRRR!

Now I have an 8800GTX that may be dead... it also got on my board a bit and my sound card just a few drops, but those are already working perfectly again. I'm letting the video card dry and hopin' it'll start working again tomorrow, but if it doesn't, I've cleaned it up enough to where I can probably send it in and get it RMAed. Not to mention, MCT-40 shouldn't ruin the card for any reason, it's non-conductive and non-capacitive. We'll see...

Back on air cooling, redid the tubing on the CPU block and I'm not re-leak testing it OUTSIDE of the case now, to make sure it's not gonna leak... gonna leave it running for 24 hours then reinstall if it doesn't leak at all... I think it was just cuz I had one tube on oddly and it was "overtightened" on that tube. Was working very well though, my 3.666GHz load temps went from low 60s to mid 50s maximum, during the 4 hours I did run it before I left for work (I know it passed at least 8 hours cuz that leak didn't start until long after I left or I would've noticed.)