Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Well, posted my OCDB for 360x8 which was the best I could do for Orthos. I did get 370x8 to work but it would always die in Orthos about half way through.

At least I can say I have made my first OCDB entry though. Hurray!

Anyway I'm pretty happy with this OC. Honestly, back in the old days people would have killed for a 700mhz overclock, and I cant complain, its stable, runs at a cool 40c under load, and gives me a big performance boost.

Cheers chaps.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submission made to OCDB ...

Here is a simple tool I use help calculate the DDR2 memory speeds pending FSB settings and Divider selection... also useful when trying to see other options... a bit like Gogars for AMD but not very flash.

Needs Excel to run.

Enter or Select the Module Speed Rating, proposed FSB to be run and CPU multi it will show (well should) memory speeds that are within the rated speeds as well as over or under... of course there is no guarantee as it will be up to you to test what actually works on your rig. ;)

Submission made to OCDB ...

Here is a simple tool I use help calculate the DDR2 memory speeds pending FSB settings and Divider selection... also useful when trying to see other options... a bit like Gogars for AMD but not very flash.

Needs Excel to run.

Enter or Select the Module Speed Rating, proposed FSB to be run and CPU multi it will show (well should) memory speeds that are within the rated speeds as well as over or under... of course there is no guarantee as it will be up to you to test what actually works on your rig. ;)

Have you considered going higher in your rated speed of memory? I mean, some day there will be much faster RAM. Some will find ways to overclock their RAM to no end, providing their BIOS will allow it. Nice little spreadsheet. :)

Thanks. These modules can already go higher ... just need more vDimm to achieve this.. and a new BIOS to open up the CPU Multi.

Have you considered going higher in your rated speed of memory? I mean, some day there will be much faster RAM. Some will find ways to overclock their RAM to no end, providing their BIOS will allow it. Nice little spreadsheet. :)

Nice work there Daddyjaxx...SLI is sweet indeed on this puppy. Those 7950GT KO's are nippin at my 7900gtx's heels :) And for a whole lot less...Can't beat that baby!!!! I take it now that you've gone to SLI you got a little more excitement pumpin' through yer veins...;) Take a breather and blow some . up or hack up some bad dudes or somethin'...you've earned it...this bad boy does more than just shatter old benchies. Actually plays games perty good too. Imagine that...

Then get her on up to 3.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OG

Trying for 405 right now. :) It didn't fail Orthos immediately, so that may be a good sign. I'm chasing after you, dude. About time I get a CPU that can run with the best of them. If I can do what HG did, that is a win in my book.

Are the 85.xx modded drivers better than the 84.xx? I have the .inf for the 85.xx's. If they are better I'll give them a try. If only Big Sam would do the 91.xx drivers or something FM certified.

Trying for 405 right now. :) It didn't fail Orthos immediately, so that may be a good sign. I'm chasing after you, dude. About time I get a CPU that can run with the best of them. If I can do what HG did, that is a win in my book.

Are the 85.xx modded drivers better than the 84.xx? I have the .inf for the 85.xx's. If they are better I'll give them a try. If only Big Sam would do the 91.xx drivers or something FM certified.

Couldn't tell ya...I was just happy to be running SLI in the first place. I burned the drivers I'm using onto CD and I'm sticking with em' :)

You need to go for bigger chunks man...crank that puppy up to 412 :D

Well another one posted. Close enough to 3700 for me.

DUDE!!!! :eek2: Those 7950's are rockin'!!! I knew I'd be kicking myself at some point for blowing so much money on the 7900gtx's (and having to RMA two so far making the sting even more painfull)...They should make you sign a "buyers remorse" statement for gfx cards like they do at car dealerships :D

Nice work bud!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well; posted one Conroe entry.

Had to RMA my board, looks like IDE Controller bit the dust. I can clear Cmos and enter bios but can't load anything; No FDD; No HDD; No CD. Newegg is to replace.

It'll be two - three weeks before I get it back up.

When I come back up, it'll be under water or at least Freezone.

For now I go back to my FX-62 or an Opty 165.