kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kobalt
Vista will recover applications from shutdown, crashes

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/14/teched20...s_from_crashes/

If only this was really true. However, since the Audio & Video drivers have very low level access, if they crash, then it takes down the system also. :(

Also, if a application crashes, 'last known viable state'? Does that mean when you first ran it? :D

"nVidia, nVida, wherefore art thee"

Using Vista x64 and really missing that control panel.

Using dual monitors is a nightmare here.

It always reverts to the main screen to 2nd monitors resolution (which is widescreen)

We know the Control Panel is in Vista x64 but how can you get it to display?

Powerstrip can read the GPU clock and Mem frequencies and allows adjusting them but they can't be saved. :confused:

C'mon big green, help some brutha's out.

ITE SMartGuardian and other driver issues make sure you disable the requiremernt for driver signing.

to prevent vista from requiring signed drivers:

1. launch BCDedit:

customize the start menu and enable the run command

in the run command box, type "cmd"

2. Execute the following command to disable driver signature checks:

bcdedit –set nointegritychecks ON

EDIT: If anyone out there is still trying to disable driver signing and its not working try replacing the -set with /set, -set didn't alway's work but /set seems to.

3. Reboot the computer

If only this was really true. However, since the Audio & Video drivers have very low level access, if they crash, then it takes down the system also. :(

Also, if a application crashes, 'last known viable state'? Does that mean when you first ran it? :D

Well hopefully MS can get it sorted out by RC1.

I would think it would return to it's last working configuration.

cmd1.jpg

Can't get it to work, but I also don't seem to have to disable it, since it never caused any problems for me.

I can't help you, sorry I use an external 7.1 decoder. Someone else might know more. I would say wait for better drivers, remember this is a beta and you're using beta drivers, so don't expect it to work like XP.

Even though this is the only OS on this PC, I highly recommend against using this build as a main OS. I have several other PCs with XP so I can sacrifice this one for testing.

Whereabouts are you located, I have family in Heanor, Derbyshire. My wife and I went there for our honeymoon. Love Sherwood forrest.

stevejosherwoodforest.jpg

integritychecks9uw.jpg

doesn't look like you have access

Vista x64 would not install to my RAID array from the DVD, it gave an error saying it couldn't see any hard drives attached before the point where the drivers are loaded

I installed by starting the DVD from within WinXP x64

The new nVidia beta 2 RAID drivers do not seem to work (for me), I used the same RAID drivers that I use to install XP64

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=756

The first thing I did when the install finished was to personalise the start menu and add the "Run" option

I ran msconfig from there, disabled UAP from the "Tools" tab and rebooted for it to take effect

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4091

Cool, that tree is huge. you don't see them that big in New York, but Germany has a few.

Did you get your problem sorted out?

I keep getting playback problems with mp3 in Media Player and Media Center, where I have to change some audio settings to get it to work again. I've tried every driver available and still have the same problem on my 3rd install. Anyone else get that?

Nope....

I loaded some music (ripped) into MP 11 and it was fine... only thing I noticed after about an hour it desided to shut off like it went into screen saver mode....