The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a clean install since then but I did follow the right procedure this time;

Disabled UAP

Disable_UAP.jpg

Rebooted

Run, CMD ...........................................(hey, Run DMC....mhm)

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

cmd2.jpg

Installed beta drivers from nzone

After that is was a bit harder to replicate the stuttering and eventually the complete loss of sound, but it still happens. Scrolling Webpages and other medium-intense events seem to trigger it.

It's not 8Gb dual-layer (DVD-9) it's 4.4Gb for the larger x64 version, which will fit on a standard single-layer DVD (DVD-5).

And how did you do that? Doesn't make any sense to me, since virtual drives only work while the OS is loaded. Once it reboots there is nothing to finish the installation from.

Post #24 has all the info needed to redirect the "Documents" folder

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...58&postcount=24

Sorry, I mean my blank DVDs which are 8gb - It seems like a waste to use them for a 3GB iso.

You can do this because the first step the install does is copy files to your selected disk. This is what happens when you boot from DVD I would imagine. After files are copied, you reboot, and you start installing from the files on disk.

I've done a clean install since then but I did follow the right procedure this time;

Disabled UAP

Disable_UAP.jpg

Rebooted

Run, CMD ...........................................(hey, Run DMC....mhm)

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

cmd2.jpg

Installed beta drivers from nzone

After that is was a bit harder to replicate the stuttering and eventually the complete loss of sound, but it still happens. Scrolling Webpages and other medium-intense events seem to trigger it.

...I doubt that would work, anyone try that?

I found a link, where SUPPOSEDLY someone got it to work in 10 steps, but I am not going to list them as I have no idea whether it actually works. I don't really feel like having to figure out problems with an unsopported install method, I got enough work dealing with "legitimate" installs.

Here's the link;

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?...topic=5893&st=0

Windows Vista's OEM hardware requirements

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060614-7060.html

Inside Microsoft's new Driver Quality Rating system

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060614-7054.html

I've been having the worst problems with Aero in Vista. My computer gets laggy as hell with it enabled and I know it shouldn't. My specs are:

• Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
  • AMD 64 3700+ ( tried at stock 2.2Ghz and 2.8GHz)
  • 2 GB Ram
  • 6800 GT PCIe 256MB

I have done 2 fresh installs of 32 bit Vista on my machine and both have had the exact same Lag issues. I have tried getting the new updates for DirectX, I have tried both the video driver from Microsoft and from Nvidia, and all updates are current.

My Performance Rating is at 1 and it says I have some performance issues for which it has no solutions.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong or is anybody else having the same sort of issues?

List your individual sub ratings, so we can try to pinpoint it. Right click on "Computer" select properties, select "Performance" in the lower left corner of that screen, there should be a warning triangle with an exclamation point with an explanation in the next window, if Vista is aware of a problem. Sometimes more information is listed there.