The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reel...

You still having sound issues..? I am in MP11 now running the volume way up surfing all over... cpu load up near 75% doin stuff and it aint missin a beat... no sound stutter or nuthin......listing to a ripped Buckcherry cd...

Still stutters when I do Windows Update and Browse graphic and flash rich sites mostly, It's definately not CPU related.....Whatever. I am using Realtek 6062 Drivers for Vista Beta 1 now. It's a lot better and never cuts out completely anymore. I put my OC back to 275x10 and no more blue screens. must have been the nVidia audio drivers.

I think I just saw a moth fly around in my PC case....again

Okay....

When I go to windows update... I get the "no new updates available" only... but if I click the links on the left after the page loads I get a very little glitch in sound...barely noticable...so it's definately windows something...I guess I should add I am on the AV8 (via) with 5.1 sound... and I dont know what sound chip is on the board... to lazy to look...;)

another thing I noticed today... On the other rig with the GeForce2 MX-400

if you use the windows key + tab key it changes the color of and the search options in some web pages.... This in IE7 and yahoo as my home page...just a little FYI

Thanks for the confirmation Doc.

BTW I read that MS stopped releasing new downloads of Vista, but so far I am only seeing one news report about it, so it might not be true. I am going to look into it today.

thats ok with me...you're allowed to install on 10 pc's and activate them per key... some how they sent me 2 keys...I'm good...coarse I only plan on installing it on 2 puters so I got plenty of headroom for error...

So, I haven't had any real problems lately, and I am getting so used to Vista that I am constantly forgetting that I am using it. LOL

My Wife is loving the games, I actually have to kick her off my PC once in a while. Chess is addicting. I found the new Vista sound scheme for XP, and I am going to try to set it up for Vista, I'll post links if I can get it to work. ;)

I can't believe they still have the old sounds in here, they suck.