• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New nForced based Intel board snapped at Hexus as well:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5939

Matt

HAHA, with a Vantec IceberQ 4 heatsink on the southbridge :P

That is exactly how it looks with out the plastic cover on top. Maybe its the same as the Evercool VC RE, which I haven't seen personally.

DFI has used a digital PWM controller and eliminated the need to populate the board with space-taking capacitors.

Is this what was first used on the Expert? Sounds like a great idea, if it works as it should.

I don't like this style of layout, with the CPU at the front and the RAM between the back of the board and the CPU.

If you have a normal power case with the harddrives mounted in a cage around that area you cannot mount big HSFs at all, and you cannot remove you harddrives even with normal HSFs.

I don't like this style of layout, with the CPU at the front and the RAM between the back of the board and the CPU.

If you have a normal power case with the harddrives mounted in a cage around that area you cannot mount big HSFs at all, and you cannot remove you harddrives even with normal HSFs.

well, always keep in mind that these are not always the final designs (but unfortunately they usually are lol)

If there's a serious design flaw, it will be corrected in a later revision if needed (which sucks for anyone that rushes out and buys the current one with the problems right?)

but

let's not count our chickens before the eggs hatch...until we get some boards...we won't really know anything other than speculation from the pictures...

in a normal case wouldnt the 5.25" drives be there? the hdds would be a little lower and should be accessable. the ram may cool better as it will be right near the rear outake fan, and with a tower type heatsink the ram will get even better cooling.

Guest burningrave101
Tuesday

Its Tuesday once again and still no DFI AM2 board! Whats taking so long! lol

Hey, the ATI XFire version has a very good looking chipset cooler... while the nVidia SLI one has the same old DFI one :mad:

hehe, not an actual problem of course... oh oh, guess what, I met a guy... Roberto Martinez... and I asked him if his second name was Tuesday by any chance... lol :P

Hehe, I was going to ask him my brand new DFI mobo... but he didn't find it funny, I wonder why :rolleyes: