The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try lower voltage on core and more %

ohh yah when applying so much voltage to a cpu ur really cutting its life in half and if you do somethign that requires 100% of the cpu (not like any games or benchies or super pi etc) but like engineering programs and very intesive hardcore programs liek that your cpu will cause errors once in a while. .

Understood that running huge voltage can/does have a detrimental effect on the life of a CPU. My particular Opty 148 is only used for gaming (and perhaps some Einstein@Home). I only plan on running it 24/7 at 2.85GHz and about 1.5V or so. This push upwards of 1.7V is specifically for the purpose of getting into the GGG club and it will be backed down once I get in.

Incidentally, I changed from 1.525V@110% to 1.375V@123% (only change made, all other settings identical) and have been happily priming for almost 4 hours now at 300x10. Oddly enough, my MBM5 CPU temp reading is about 2*C cooler than when I was running at 1.525@110% with same ambient temps. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hopefully I'll still be priming when I wake up in the morning, then I'll only have to worry about passing the 3DM03/5/6 tests! :)

I got Prime to run for over 10 hours last night, but I can't get 3DM03 to run without crashing in test 2 even at 1.375V@126% (1.7325V). Looks like I won't be making it at 300x10. I may try 273X11, or 334x9... though I've never been able to get 3dM03 or 3dM05 *ever* stable at 3G. I think I'll just have to wait until I get another CPU to hit that wonderful GGG mark.

If you haven't already done so, raise the divider up one and drop HTT down to get back to your memory speed of 300x10. A lot more times then not when Prime is stable but 3dMark isn't it's in the memory settings.

3dmark05/06 take forever to DL will have a 3ghz entry soon enough

When you have all of your 3D benchy programs downloaded, burn em' to a CD so you don't have to DL everytime you start fresh ;) 3DM06 is the only one I don't have burned and it IS a big one...

Finally finished up my prime and benches at 3048 on air last night. Get my pics edited and uploaded when I get home from work, then mount a waterblock and go for 3.1. Anybody know what the highest OC Database entry is?