The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After following this thread for days now, I've decided to do whatever I can to get into the GGG club. My current OCDB entry is linked in my sig (2.92GHZ).

All of my OC attempts will be relatively late at night, so ambient temps are about 16*C. I've updated to the newest BIOS modded by OCZTony, 0406BTA.

To start the day off, I set my CPU Multi to 5x, HTT to 250, RAM divider to 1:1, and ran Memtest for 12 hours to guarantee stability... passed with no problems. RAM is Kingston HyperX 2x512MB BH-5, yellow slots, 2-2-6-2-1T, @3.2V.

First attempt was at 300x10, RAM divider 5/6 (250MHZ), CPU VID 1.45@113% (1.6385V). SuperPI 32M ran no problem. 3DM01 ran into a problem and system froze at test 13 or 14, the one with the little guys running around on the reflective floor while shooting. CPU temps hovered around 39-40*C.

I wouldn't mind running more voltage through this thing in order to get me stable for GGG. I certainly won't be keeping it there as daytime ambient temps range from high 20's to low 30's. My regular running setup will likely be around 2.85GHz. After looking at my OCDB entry, is there anything that any of you existing GGGers would suggest short of moving to watercooling?

Me and Praz will both tell you to play with Max Async Latency and Read Preamble, use A64 Info to see what auto sets them at (prob 7 or 8ns for MAL and 6.5-7.5 for RP)and set them a tad looser

OCDB Entry EdLSmith - 3030MHz - FX-60 - Watercooled

I thought I'd best submit this before I install the Peltier.

Nice entry. I wish I had your multipliers. Something will probably be said about using SP2004 instead of Prime95. Nice job anyway.

Guest caffeinejunkie
Ok, A64 Info has my Max Async latency showing as 10ns, and Read preamble at 8.5ns. DRAM drive strength at weak, and DRAM data drive strength at level 1.

Any specific suggestions?

thats pretty loose

try working with mal 8-7ns and preamble 6-5ns

Right on Target TheFlowerKing.

I've already discussed it with Ed and a complete oversite on his part.

I'm sure will see his new entry soon.

I bought my current Opty from him so I know what a class act he is.

But it did give the mods a chance to discuss it and for the sake of uniformity it's Prime 95 only!

"Happy" has spent a better part of his day going through all the templates as well as creating links to the programs to be used for testing.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...423&postcount=4

Makes it all even clearer.

Not any easier though, Aquamark3 has been dropped BUT Futuremark 2006 has been added to the requirements.

I'm glad I included 3dM06 in my latest ocdb entry in that case! I was just too embaressed when I was running the x800 previously lol.

I was one of the original SP2004 casualties so I know personally how easy it is to completely miss that.. :nod:

Guest burningrave101
thats pretty loose

try working with mal 8-7ns and preamble 6-5ns

Lax MAL and RP settings are usually good for high overclocks. I would use 9-11ns MAL and 6.5-9.5 RP and see if it doesn't allow you to overclock further. I would leave both settings on Auto until you find your max CPU clock and then you can try tightening them to see how low you can go.