The AMD 3GHz Club

It's that 8 hours that kills it for most. I use my rig while it's priming, the way I see it if doing normal stuff kills prime it wasn't going to make it anyway.

One time I forgot I had it running and played a couple of rounds of BF2, I thought I was just on a sluggish server so I'm trying to kick vote high pings. Exited BF2 and seen the red icon in the task bar and figured that OC was pretty solid.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, when I first started using prime I didn't realise that exiting the main window didn't close down the program and I would be cursing that my gameplay was sluggish after running prime and would "have" to reboot lol. What a n00b... but then again, that hasn't been the worst of it heh.

I wish that was worst of my noob deals. I once wired a pelt backwards, and out of habit I always started the pelts and water cooling for a couple of minutes before starting the machine. I hit the Power button and the rig stayed on for about 1/2 a second and shut down. I have always wondered just how hot that CPU got because the air coming off the radiator was pretty cold.

What link was that for msmolt? - Edit : found it, I was always having issues with cyber's link. will try again!

CPDMF - sounds like the time I left the fan on my heatsink unplugged and ran memtest.. as long as they boot up afterwards it's alllll good :D