The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a nice clean re-install of xp (with the Vista transformation goodies) I managed to bring down my PI 1M run a bit. I got 2/3 of the way through a 32M run at 3150MHz, which was looking to be a sub 25, but no cigar. Hopefully a 3140 run will make it.

piog1.th.jpg

I've got some Mushkin Blue 2x1Gb on the way that should in theory do 2-3-2-6 at the same clocks I'm currently running, so we shall see.... Might catch ya yet Thraxz;)

...and here's a 32M run at 3130MHz. Still not quite enough to get back in the ranks :( need to shave off 3 more seconds I think.

32mea1.th.jpg

This clean OS install seems to have helped stability a lot, the old install was a bit gunked up I guess.

I might try for a previously unatainable Prime at over 3GHz tonight.

I bet u could shave off quite abit more than that just by setting window's to performance setting's and desktop to none, That vista pack is probably eating up quite abit of ram. You could also go into msconfig and reboot into diagnostic mode so alot less services are running.;)

...and here's a 32M run at 3130MHz. Still not quite enough to get back in the ranks :( need to shave off 3 more seconds I think.

32mea1.th.jpg

This clean OS install seems to have helped stability a lot, the old install was a bit gunked up I guess.

I might try for a previously unatainable Prime at over 3GHz tonight.

Your rams were on 1:1 divider ?

Now that I am done with pi's at least for now i'm gonna check it out. Trying to get my hands on some bh-5 for benches and to put in the rig i am getting ready to build for my old 146. Just gotta save up a little money for the part's.