The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

late last week I got a rch up my butt and did this

IM000751Small.jpg

It's not working well with the 7700cu hsf. can't prime @ 290 which I could prime for at least 25hrs before. Idle temps about the same, but priming thetemps go thru the roof. Oh, well. Only did it cause I'm buying a storm Friday and I really wanted to get in the GGG club on air. I was only 3mhz away and just knew this would put me over the top. Tried twice wthout the lid and twice with the lid back on. Ran out of as5, so I'm stuck for now. Got ill at 4:30 this morning with it so I loosened the hsf and gave it a couple of small twists just to make sure the as5 was ground in, and the *&(%$# thing got worse. Jeez! But sometime next week the storm will get here with it's other stuff and a 165 (maybe) so watch out #9, I'm coming for ya! Mahahahhhaaa!

Just kidding #9, I'm really out for #8:D

After using the CFX3200 the only thing I can say it is an overclocking monster. Everything else about it is average to lame. The ULI controller on this board and many others has rendered it pretty much useless as an all out performance computer.. I'm just going to throw it back on the shelf and see if DFI can sort out the issues in the timely manner they are known for. ;)

Hummm.... This watercoolin' stuff is pretty cool guys. Me thinks er' is prime stable now @3025mhz. I'll post ya's up a "Toaster" screenie inna' bit. But I think It'll be awhile before I do an OCDB entry. Because I want to add a gpu block to the loop. Dail some settin's And learn more about what I'm doing. I think my superpi's might get abit better though before next week.....

Guest laydback
I bet u could shave off quite abit more than that just by setting window's to performance setting's and desktop to none, That vista pack is probably eating up quite abit of ram. You could also go into msconfig and reboot into diagnostic mode so alot less services are running.;)

Nice CPU clock, that isnt your 24/7 setup is it? Cause I would never sacrafice a high CPU clock for 3d scores like those. Try that high of CPU clock without a divider? You're bottlenecking your memory bigtime.

@petercintn. I did the same thing last night. But I went from XP90 to a Storm. Seems to be werkin' pretty good for me. You might have to figure out how to some better clamping force Between the processor and the sink.

Oh no that is not a daily use oc, On cooler day's I run 3150 and when it's hot outside I slow all the way down to 3010. I think that is right on the edge of needing to drop another divider if I go any higher than that at the 5/6 divider 3d03 crashes. I wish i could run 1:1 at those clocks:rolleyes: that would be some killer super pi times. With the 7/10 divider I can boot up to 3300 but not even remotely stable, After I build a box for my spare opty will be looking at going lidless and water cooled.

Guest laydback

Here's the steps I took to achieve 22min 32m PI, I will keep it a secret no longer:

Clean out temp inet files, etc

Set to no page file

Use Raxco perfect disk 7.0 to defrag hdd

Set memory usage to System Cache

Reboot, Defrag again, Set pagefile to x1.5 memory

Use Perfectdisk boot time defrag to move your pagefile closer to the beginning of your drive

Use msconfig and set to diag mode, reboot

In multimedia setup set to no sounds scheme

Disable desktop background

Right click on desktop, uncheck show desktop items

Use task manager and kill explorer.exe, then run new task and browse to your SPI dir and run it

Set priority to realtime

Close task manager

Do two 16k runs, one 1m run, then go for the 32m

GOOD LUCK! I expect to see someone beat my time

laydback thanks for the 411, I'll give it a try when I get some time. I usually just let my benchmarks run without any hard motifications to the system, that is with explorer.exe still running,sound enabled,desktop background on, all background programs running, only thing I have is a custom swap partition 2x my RAM.

here is my superPI 1MB entry

med_345x9-superpi-27.094.PNG

currently getting 3100 stable :)

I got 344x9 stable so far :) but forgot a 3dmark06 entry to get an OCDB entry ready.

med_343x9-Everest-MemRead-3dMark02-default.png

now with your tweaks there is more room for improvement :)

bbl as I will break 3100 on this DC Opty :)

@petercintn. I did the same thing last night. But I went from XP90 to a Storm. Seems to be werkin' pretty good for me. You might have to figure out how to some better clamping force Between the processor and the sink.

If I only had more AS5, I could play some more with it. Got some of that white stuff though... Man I hope that Storm is as good as they say, but I'm thinking the small impingment? area will be better for a naked cpu. OK you talked me into it. Once more into the breech, gotta retake off the spreader, I'll proberly fubar it all the way up this time.

Guest viking

a nice guy called Soundx98 tould me to stop by here whit this

and i just mounted my first watercooling yesterday on the same setup :)

unforthenly i have some trouble whit my pump not being powerfull enogh to the D-Tek head