who was your favorite 80's icon?

Grunt_Style

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in the 80's and I have great memories and there were some great icons from that decade including my personal favourites:

Hulk Hogan

Scarface

BMX

Only Fools and Horses

The A-Team

Back to the Future

Beat Street

Fame

Porky's

Brat Pack films

:)

oh yeah who could forget BMX

you werent cool unless you had a BMX

For sure m8, I loved my Diamond Back Viper, with Skyway Wheels and my 1 finger Shimano brakes with shimano self-centering brake calipers, and my coaster on the back wheel as well :)

Punky Brewster (Soleil Moon Fry), my friends.

Soleil%20Moon%20Frye-3.JPG

And while I agree Vanilla Ice was supremely popular (I'll even admit I know all the words to Ice Ice Baby), thankfully that album was released in 1990 and was not a part of the 80's. I preferred the earlier New Wave, breakdancing, Atari 80's.

Sledgehammer, Scarface, Highlander, Running Man, Mad Max, The Last Starfighter, Karate Kid, Revenge of the Nerds, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, Police Academy, Back to the Future, Ferris Bueller, Labyrinth, Robocop, Spaceballs, The Princess Bride..

The 80's were way better than the 90's, but the 70's ruled above them all!!!

Although the best year of all was 1979.. transition into the 80's.. think the 80's sheen without the huge hair.

Thanks joe, forgot about miami vice!!

But I recall another one, was so spooky for me to watch it actually: The Visitors - reptilians who can change shape invades the earth but a half human half reptilian kid saves the human kind from that menace!!

I thought the V's were humanoid in shape, though reptilian?

I remember watching that...................

What was the movies "Critters" I think, with the small ballish black things. Like land pirahnna?

Wasn't tremors released in the 80's?

Foot Loose?, Blues Brothers? John Belushi he was a riot! John Candy, Lampoon Famiy vacation. MAX HEADDROM!