Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have an A00 so it's not revision specific.. Looks like it is a roll of the dice..

A00 here as well. Happy it works for ya though Silva :)

Good news is the 32 byte SB payload seems to be helping, but I've been spending most of the time Memtesting some voltage curves for two extra BH-5 sticks so it could still be problematic. Thanks Nem.

update- got the first m5288 error since changing the payload size. Interestingly, it happened while the machine was idle and I was AFK so I don't know if anything froze.. :confused:

hey guys and girls,

bought a cfx3200 for a mate(with his money lol) about 4 months ago from monarch, is has the 03/2006 bios, but cant get through the windows install without it restarting...

found out there is a random restart problem, and it seems theres a bios fix for it, only problem is when i try:

A:>flash.exe 82dmda30.bin backup.bin /sy /py /f (or a variation of this) once into the flash utility i cant use the keyboard

i have a usb keyboard, but it is plugged in through one of those ps/2 converters

also,

when i try

A:>flash.exe

i can get into the flash util, can type 82dmda30.bin manually and the disc drives becomes active but then the comp restarts, and i endure a few seconds of agony waiting to see if it managed to whipe the bios and put me up the creek (which it hasnt yet)

is there something im missing???

also, im using settings from the ocz website for ram, in the orange slots, 2.6vdimm. have an opteron 165 thats stable to [email protected] in an msi k8n neo4 plat which has same cooler as i used to test it running at 1.45v 250x9

help?

hey guys and girls,

bought a cfx3200 for a mate(with his money lol) about 4 months ago from monarch, is has the 03/2006 bios, but cant get through the windows install without it restarting...

found out there is a random restart problem, and it seems theres a bios fix for it, only problem is when i try:

A:>flash.exe 82dmda30.bin backup.bin /sy /py /f (or a variation of this) once into the flash utility i cant use the keyboard

i have a usb keyboard, but it is plugged in through one of those ps/2 converters

also,

when i try

A:>flash.exe

i can get into the flash util, can type 82dmda30.bin manually and the disc drives becomes active but then the comp restarts, and i endure a few seconds of agony waiting to see if it managed to whipe the bios and put me up the creek (which it hasnt yet)

is there something im missing???

also, im using settings from the ocz website for ram, in the orange slots, 2.6vdimm. have an opteron 165 thats stable to [email protected] in an msi k8n neo4 plat which has same cooler as i used to test it running at 1.45v 250x9

help?

Have you tried memtest?

Hello (new here :) )

I have this board for 3 days now... and I'm getting sick of the Uli... and I can say that I have revision AB0 !!

So, the problem is not fixed in this revision.. got time out messages in eventviewer and warnings about harddrive. :(

Now I'm trying the SB payload size of 32byte instead of 64byte.

edit: Another hick up today with sb@32byte.

2x wd1200J @ Raid0 @ uli

Bios 7/28

Guys,

My rma'd board is so weird! On 4/25 bios and 7.2 beta raid's, I do not get any errors ever, and it runs like a dream. On 7/28 and any other raid driver besides the 7.2's the thing WILL lock up. Now I suggest all to do the 4/25 and 7.2 combo and confirm that your boards run like dreams!

Hello, i´m a new member here and i come from Germany, so first i have to say sorry because of my little weird english.

O.K. Something i have to say for the Prob is as follows:

Anywhere here in this forum I´ve read about that the Prob is only at

channel 1+2 in Raid Mod. at the ULI Controller , so i decide it to try.

And it was going better.

I´ve no errors while the System is running, but when i resume it from S1 Standby(S3 will never work for me, i know it will function when there is given the default multi from CPU, i tried with asus&Abit) the error comes back, as known from the Windows actionlist´s???.

So the Prob only happens when the system resumes from standby.

Any similar Watchings?

thx

Bye

Neon Knights

Hello, i´m a new member here and i come from Germany, so first i have to say sorry because of my little weird english.

O.K. Something i have to say for the Prob is as follows:

Anywhere here in this forum I´ve read about that the Prob is only at

channel 1+2 in Raid Mod. at the ULI Controller , so i decide it to try.

And it was going better.

I´ve no errors while the System is running, but when i resume it from S1 Standby(S3 will never work for me, i know it will function when there is given the default multi from CPU, i tried with asus&Abit) the error comes back, as known from the Windows actionlist´s???.

So the Prob only happens when the system resumes from standby.

Any similar Watchings?

thx

Bye

Neon Knights

No.. You are incorrect. The Prob happens all the time and randomly no matter what setting, not matter which bios. Except for me, I rma'd my board, and they sent me one that only works 99% flawlessly with 4/25 bios and beta raid drivers.. I say 99% because I won't lie, after like 8 hours of use and no errors, I'll get a quick stop.. Annoying, but unacceptable.

I also replaced my motherboard for a new one. This thing goes a lot better. I haven't seen the problem.. but I got 3 timeouts simultaniously (evenviewer same minute), when the system was booting windows... But I didn't notice any delay.

I am running 7/28, and the latest official Uli drivers (2.20).

I see a lot of you running at bios 4/25 with the beta driver. Will this result in less time-outs ?