Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Had to RMA mine with those issues, get my new one tomarrow. Hope this one does better! I use Newegg for most my stuff and not once have they turned down a RMA. Heck my board was more then 2 months old and I never wrote to them prior telling them I had issues, just did the RMA and here you go, a new one! Have to send in my nF4-D next, it stopped working yesterday, they approved that RMA too, I bought it in Dec. 05! Newegg is very good to its customers, as long as you follow their rules!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upside is that I haven't had any BSoD's or corruption so far, but the problem appears to be worsened. It's at least inspiring that they got both a BIOS and driver version out of ULi. I'da figured ULi would just keep pointing at Asus and saying it wasn't their problem.

Actually, I can ALMOST live with the freezes as I am getting them quite infrequently .... however, what is annoying me the most at the moment is not being able to use the two disk controllers at the same time.

Even after flashing back to the 523 BIOS, I still can't get the SiI to see my backup drive.

It will see it in windows, but not in "DOS" mode.

Another strange thing, if I flash the current official BIOS, upon reboot BOTH controllers will work (and no error messages on boot) if they are both in RAID or if the ULI is in non-RAID and the SiI is in RAID. But if I put the ULI in RAID and the SII in SATA, I get the funny message.

This is only after the flash, If I mess around turning them on and off, suddenly I find I can get no error message with any combination.

If I have the ULI disabled and SII in SATA mode I CAN see the attached drive.

The whole thing is a MESS and I wish they would fix it as whether the ULI chip has problems or not (could be a bad batch of chips) the above is annoying and needs to be fixed.

Ho hum.

It may sound stupid, but If I plug the drives that are RAID 0 in the first and last connectors, I get no errors, but if they are next to each other I get errors. Could it be only in my rig? This shouldn't be happening!!

Interesting about the ports, I can't try that on the ULI as I have 4 x RAID0. I might try the SII in SATA mode on the other ports though just to see if it makes any difference. I think my single drive is on port 2 just now as it was the easiest to connect to ....

Not quite sure what you mean, I have all 4 connected, i.e. one array accross all 4 drives ....

If I change the order e.g. if I were to swap drive 2 and 3's connectors, the stupid ULI controller/software has not tagged the drives so unless they are in the right order it doesn't see them as a valid array (Got to love the RAIDCore in my server) ......

Not quite sure what you mean, I have all 4 connected, i.e. one array accross all 4 drives ....

If I change the order e.g. if I were to swap drive 2 and 3's connectors, the stupid ULI controller/software has not tagged the drives so unless they are in the right order it doesn't see them as a valid array (Got to love the RAIDCore in my server) ......

They go from top to bottom as in connectors (based on experimenting) so I pick first and last for two drives when I configure the array, I was thinking you can pick just first and third in order, etc.