Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Ok, heres my status.

I have a single X1900XTX running on catalyst 6.4 ran 3D Mark 2006 for 9 hours straight, stable. Also I have been playing oblivion and CS:Source all weekend, no problems, so I would say 6.4 is safe.

3dmark 2006 score of 5274

Heres the settings I use and my rig details to help anyone.

My rig is 10 hour Prime 95 and 4 hour Super Pi Stable.

OCZ Platinum Elite Edition 4800 / 600 DDR (TCCD) using orange dimm banks

(2 & 4)

size.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy ..from germany .. ;) wow* what i see here that the board rulez ..???+

i'm intressted for this board and maybe i will by it in two weeks....first..sorry for my inperfect english ;) but i think anyone can understand me *g

so is this board better than LP Nf4SLI DR or isn't it..??

best regards from germany ;)

Ok, heres my status.

I have a single X1900XTX running on catalyst 6.4 ran 3D Mark 2006 for 9 hours straight, stable. Also I have been playing oblivion and CS:Source all weekend, no problems, so I would say 6.4 is safe.

3dmark 2006 score of 5274

Heres the settings I use and my rig details to help anyone.

My rig is 10 hour Prime 95 and 4 hour Super Pi Stable.

OCZ Platinum Elite Edition 4800 / 600 DDR (TCCD) using orange dimm banks

(2 & 4)

size.jpg

rules are your friend

maybe when you come back from a 3 day vacation you can be bothered to read them?

Right guys, after a week with this rig im really getting to grips with it now. Got my 4800+ ticking along at 2.94ghz, which is a bit higher than i could get on my expert.

Havnt tried higher, so we will see.

As for crossfire, well, thats been a learning curve as well, but check these out:

161192qk.jpg

3dm060nq.jpg

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=262453

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1975892

The board is now running really nicely on my crucial ballistix too. Great board really starting to love it.

The problem i mentioned a few posts back was actually my X-fi, sharing an IRQ. I could install it, and everything seemed fine but i was developing issues in 3dmark 05 & 06 after a few runs. Unistalled creative drivers, removed it and reinstalled cat 6.3's and problems gone.

Guess this is starting to become a common issue. I'll have a look at it and try the card in the other PCI slot (thank god for DFI's great board layout - what would i do without 2 free PCI slots eh?) and see wot happens.

This board is killing me. I cannot keep windows installed for the life of it. I have installed it countless times, and every single time after a reboot, it does not load, just black screen after it finishes post. I have updated the bios already, when in windows too. It is completely stable in windows, i can do whatever for hours, as long as i dont reboot. I followed proper installation routine, one stick in orange slot furthest away from the cpu. i have put in the timings in bios manually, very loose for my ram too, but it just doesnt load windows on the second try. if i run my ram at stock 250, then i cant even get windows to install, it either restarts or bsods. i have run memtest, no errors. not even at 250. i have even tried an old 512 stick of ocz pc3200, same results. my ram is gskill pc4000 hv series, i think its micron ce-5, as its characteristics are similar, im not positive though, just speculation. somebody please help, i want to get to the fun stuff already.

edit: wow, wtf. i tried a ahem *kosher* cd of windows, and it worked. apparently dfi doesnt like pirated windows.. seriously though, i could never get it to work with a wd raptor with my older system either, that windows cd only works with older systems.

Right guys, after a week with this rig im really getting to grips with it now. Got my 4800+ ticking along at 2.94ghz, which is a bit higher than i could get on my expert.

Havnt tried higher, so we will see.

As for crossfire, well, thats been a learning curve as well, but check these out:

161192qk.jpg

3dm060nq.jpg

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=262453

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1975892

The board is now running really nicely on my crucial ballistix too. Great board really starting to love it.

The problem i mentioned a few posts back was actually my X-fi, sharing an IRQ. I could install it, and everything seemed fine but i was developing issues in 3dmark 05 & 06 after a few runs. Unistalled creative drivers, removed it and reinstalled cat 6.3's and problems gone.

Guess this is starting to become a common issue. I'll have a look at it and try the card in the other PCI slot (thank god for DFI's great board layout - what would i do without 2 free PCI slots eh?) and see wot happens.

any chance of a screenshot of your ram timings?

what bcore are you using and what cooling?

regards

Raja

alright guys i cant get any video to the screen it was working fine for two days, and now it will boot but no video, happened before but got it to work, and not seems as if it hates me or something. haha

i am havind my doubts about this board, runs fine for a little bit but i am starting to feel like i cant depend on it.

got it back, i dont know just had to reinsert the ram sticks.

excellent results mikemk, really well done.

fxxfire - did you make any config or overclock changes right before your vga feed crapped out or like what happened to it?

krazeyivan - any joy running 3dmark's yet?

any chance of a screenshot of your ram timings?

what bcore are you using and what cooling?

regards

Raja

Hey mate, I'll post you some bios screens later, im at work and cant remember all the settings. I know my crucial is running at 3-3-3-8 2.77v on the vdimm, with a drive strength of 4. My 4800+ is at 2.94ghz on 05 score and 2.92 on the 06 score. 1.66v running through it.

Ive been using ATI tool, for overclocking the GPU's, which is a little tricky with crossfire, but i got it working ok. Nice being able to up the voltage a bit without a vmod!

As for my cooling - its all watercooled with custom kit consisting of the following:

Danger Den blocks inc.

A64 TDX CPU block

2x Maze 4 LP GPU blocks

1x Black Ice Extreme 2 dual 120mm rad

1x Nexxos exxtreme 2 dual 120mm rad

Innovatek Fass-O-Matic Res

Eheim 1250 pump.

krazeyivan - any joy running 3dmark's yet?

Yes, I fixed the direct draw issue, and I only managed to run 3dmark 05 last night once - and completely stock settings I got just over 10000.

But the thing runs a cool as a cucumber. Will keep you posted on how I get on with it.