Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

AFAIK, it was suggested that 04/17 needs to be flashed twice before use, I have pasted instructions posted by another user..

Flash the latest bios off the DFI site, just download the EXE version as that is the new bios.

next add an /e switch to the flash commands in the autoexec file so that awdflash returns you to ther A prompt, it will give you a warning message about wrong file maybe...just ignore this, flash again with awdflash bios.bin wb/cc/cd switches.

Yes you heard me...flash it twice

Now I know Tony is looking at tweaking this file also, dram voltage and default timings are all to be altered. For now though the bios on the dfi site is pretty good...just remember to set Read Pre and Async Lat to either 5.5 and 7 or 5 and 8...the rest is pretty much the same as any bios for a DFI.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51631

RGone...

after putting the newest (04/17) bios some problems started to pop up.....

in windows device menager several of my devices (including my radeon x1900xtx) are showing a message: "Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)" - and are simply not working.

honestly i never encountered something like that before...ever. does it mean that i will have to flash to the earlier bios or is that just a matter of fiddling with the bios settings? :confused:

regards

@raju, that is one clean .pdf overclocking guide. Real clean and thanks for posting it.

RGone...

nice clarification, came in the same time as the one I posted, only yours is better.

also remember to use the settings in this guide for your ram, it's a great guide, using this I've had no issues with this board whatsoever..

http://www.cdrinfo.com/fw/Overclocking_Gui..._Xpress3200.pdf

Hi all, This is my first post! :angel:

My DFI CFX3200-DR has arrived yesterday. Since then i had no problems with the board with the CPU/RAM settings @default/auto even with the bios that came with the board.

Tried few benchs, SuperPI, 3Dmark06 and Everst Ultimate Edition, but scores were really low. I find it normal because i didnt changed any ram settings.

I have 2x1GB Gskill 4000 HZ UCCC and i have then on the orange slots.

My question, What slots are recomended for the Gskill 4000 HZ?!.... On my DFI Expert had them running on the oranges, should it be the same with this board?!

Best Regards