Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Nope I am throwing in the towel, everyone else seems to be getting somewhere with this board bar myself so its going to get RMA'd to DFI and get a replacement. Not least the incorrect temperature recorded on the board. The complete inability of installing ANYTHING X-Fi on it whatever driver. NO 3dmark software will run full stop, application error and USB devices are not working - will dismantle my PC and send it back.

On the plus side it will run Prime95 all day and that

Rthdribl application works fine too - nice and smooth. But I did not pay £176 for a partially working mobo.

One question, before yo do.

Did you install the USB2 drives on the CD i.e. the ULI ones? When i did that all kinds of things stopped working, including USB2. Use the MS standard ones.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have crystal clear sound with my card and here is how I installed:

Nothing but what had to be connected to my rig to install. The only PCI-e or PCI slot occupied was the top 16x with my X1900 master card.

I disabled the onboard buzzer at the jumper. I did not install the audio module. I disabled the onboard audio controller in the BIOS.

I had one stick of ram in the orange slot furthest from the CPU. I did a full format of my hard disk. After installing my OS I installed my LAN driver. I then updated and completely patched windows. I did not install the '97 audio drivers as they could conflict with sound card drivers. I installed my CPU driver, and then did the dual core hotfix from MS. I then installed the sound card in the highest possible PCI slot to help reduce the chance of EMI, then the drivers. Then the video card and monitor drivers. Then my theater 550 Pro was put in the case and drivers installed, after the DVD decoder.

After all of this I moved my page file off of the OS drive and defragged that drive. Then I assigned it to my second hard disk after defragging it.

Currently I have crystal clear sound with no emi. When I first got this sound card and tried it in the Abit AT8 32X I was upset because I had an occasional medium-loud pop that would occur when watching TV on my computer. Thankfully that has disappeared with this mobo. On the AT8 32X I was forced to place the sound card in the very last PCI slot as it was the only one available.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

BTW for the record I have experimented with the orange slots and the yellow with my G.Skill ram and have noticed zero performance or stability difference between them. I would not use the ULi drivers unless you must. They caused pausing with my tuner card. The MS driver works fine.

One question, before yo do.

Did you install the USB2 drives on the CD i.e. the ULI ones? When i did that all kinds of things stopped working, including USB2. Use the MS standard ones.

My CD has no USB drivers, that section of the CD is blank. I installed ULI V2.20 of the SATA driver from nvidia's website - not the 2.14 (I think) off the CD

I currently have crystal clear sound with my card and here is how I installed:

Nothing but what had to be connected to my rig to install. The only PCI-e or PCI slot occupied was the top 16x with my X1900 master card.

I disabled the onboard buzzer at the jumper. I did not install the audio module. I disabled the onboard audio controller in the BIOS.

I had one stick of ram in the orange slot furthest from the CPU. I did a full format of my hard disk. After installing my OS I installed my LAN driver. I then updated and completely patched windows. I did not install the '97 audio drivers as they could conflict with sound card drivers. I installed my CPU driver, and then did the dual core hotfix from MS. I then installed the sound card in the highest possible PCI slot to help reduce the chance of EMI, then the drivers. Then the video card and monitor drivers. Then my theater 550 Pro was put in the case and drivers installed, after the DVD decoder.

After all of this I moved my page file off of the OS drive and defragged that drive. Then I assigned it to my second hard disk after defragging it.

Currently I have crystal clear sound with no emi. When I first got this sound card and tried it in the Abit AT8 32X I was upset because I had an occasional medium-loud pop that would occur when watching TV on my computer. Thankfully that has disappeared with this mobo. On the AT8 32X I was forced to place the sound card in the very last PCI slot as it was the only one available.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

BTW for the record I have experimented with the orange slots and the yellow with my G.Skill ram and have noticed zero performance or stability difference between them. I would not use the ULi drivers unless you must. They caused pausing with my tuner card. The MS driver works fine.

Thanks for that - will give it a go.......1 more try cannot hurt.

Oh does anyone run (in the BIOS) with emulated PATA mode or AHCI??

Run emulated, it's the safe bet.

Good luck.

THANKS BLACKLASH!

That really has sorted it - I think the windows update and CPU update has really helped - its actually working. Now to see if stock is stable......... then once thats done overclock!

I still have that silly PWM IC temp in smartguardian - but I think the sensor is broken or way off! 127C my butt!

THANKS BLACKLASH!

That really has sorted it - I think the windows update and CPU update has really helped - its actually working. Now to see if stock is stable......... then once thats done overclock!

I still have that silly PWM IC temp in smartguardian - but I think the sensor is broken or way off! 127C my butt!

Glad to hear it!

Go slow. One second of a mistake can cost countless hours to correct.

127c? Mine is at 38c and it's warm here. Wonder what is up with that?

BTW if you need a good guide for the MS dual core hot fix under SP-2, try that:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429