Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Hi Guys,

After no response to my post, I was able to get my machine running. The Raid setup I originally intended to use got scrapped because evry install using raid caused many issues with the operating system. I chose to use win XP Media Center 2005 SP2 and update rolup 2. Instaed of raid I disabled the raid and installed the OS on the first SATA WD Raptor 74 GB 10K RPM drive. After doing so everything ran smoother and it has been about 4 days with no problems. My only issue currently is that I can get my USB keyborad or Mouse going. I have flashed to the latest BIOS 4/17, and enabled the support via BIOS but to no avail. Oh, and I have disable IRQ for USB as well as enabled and neither work. The board does not seam to load USB at post. Like I asked before is there something else that needs to be enabled? Look forward to the response.

EDIT:

I need the support for USB keyboard and mouse at post in order to tweak the BIOS, otherwise I need to pull out a PS/2 keyboard(very lame and so 90's)

EDIT 2:

Before you ask, yes I have tried another USB keyboard and the same no support at post.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need the support for USB keyboard and mouse at post in order to tweak the BIOS, otherwise I need to pull out a PS/2 keyboard(very lame and so 90's)

USB keyboard support works, but mouse support does not. If you enable keyboard and disable Mouse in the bios the keyboard will work.

As soon as you enable mouse - the keyboard and mouse stop working.

This has been an issue since day one.

I AM NOW STARTING TO GET UPSET AGAIN

• USB Mouse and keyboard support - Enable USB mouse in bios and mouse and keyboard stop working.
  • Any drive on the Silicon Image SATA slots causes a crash and stops ULI sata slots from working. Basically you can not use more than 4 sata slots.

Can DFI please get these issues fixed.

Wish list:

Can the boot screen display the CPU speed... when overclocking its very hard to know what speed you have booted at.

Hey mate, I'll post you some bios screens later, im at work and cant remember all the settings. I know my crucial is running at 3-3-3-8 2.77v on the vdimm, with a drive strength of 4. My 4800+ is at 2.94ghz on 05 score and 2.92 on the 06 score. 1.66v running through it.

Ive been using ATI tool, for overclocking the GPU's, which is a little tricky with crossfire, but i got it working ok. Nice being able to up the voltage a bit without a vmod!

As for my cooling - its all watercooled with custom kit consisting of the following:

Danger Den blocks inc.

A64 TDX CPU block

2x Maze 4 LP GPU blocks

1x Black Ice Extreme 2 dual 120mm rad

1x Nexxos exxtreme 2 dual 120mm rad

Innovatek Fass-O-Matic Res

Eheim 1250 pump.

I had a feeling you were not using air cooling with that overclock, I am using an amd 4800+ too. I managed 2.7ghz on air with a vcore of 1.5v (1.47 shown in xp). Was just curious as to how you got to 2.9, all understood now.

Thanks

Raja

Quick question is it normal for the chipset temp to run at 45-48C on idle no load? Since I have had my mobo its been at a constant 45-48. I think that it is odd but again this is my first DFI MOBO.

Hello all,...my first post here,..so hello again.I have read the posts for a few weeks,now I am in.

I am in the same boat as a few others,I have an x1900xtx collecting dust because I just cant decide on a new M/B.Hell,I cant even decide if I should just sell my un-opened 1900 and get a proven technology,..SLI. :confused:

This is a lot harder than my last upgrade.I guess it is still a 3way tie,..the DFI one,the asus MVP,and the abit AT8-32X.I have never had a DFI board so I am leaning DFI,for Crossfire or SLI whatever I end up going with.

Even the forums always show many more people viewing NF4 chipset is about enough to make me want to go SLI.

Any thoughts would be great.

r-gone - awesome scores dude. just below thunda in 01.

seein some good scores croppin up here and there on XS too.

but Conroe and Xfire is showin somethin else.

Angry's thread about intel chipsets and Xfire took me by surprise but after a couple of hours reading over there and googling i found some insane info and it suggests that the intel platform could make a serious comeback for gaming computers, could be just in time then if DFI are to produce there new LP intel board soon (ish).

Hello all,...my first post here,..so hello again.I have read the posts for a few weeks,now I am in.

I am in the same boat as a few others,I have an x1900xtx collecting dust because I just cant decide on a new M/B.Hell,I cant even decide if I should just sell mu un-opened 1900 and get a proven technology,..SLI. :confused:

This is a lot harder than my last upgrade.I guess it is still a 3way tie,..the DFI one,the asus MVP,and the abit AT8-32X.I have never had a DFI board so I am leaning DFI,for Crossfire or SLI whatever I end up going with.

Even the forums always show many more people viewing NF4 chipset is about enough to make me want to go SLI.

Any thoughts would be great.

keep your X1900 and just use a single card, or sell it and get SLI and an SLI motherboard

I have to say now that I have been able to plug in Crossfire X1900's, I am thoroughly disappointed in real performance =(

it just ain't worth the money, and, or course, the RD580 chipset is still buggy, as is a lot of aspects of not only the DFI board, but the Asus board and I can imagine any R580 chipset boards that come out for a while

meanwhile, the original Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D/SLI boards are still kicking strong, and SLI is not only much more mature, but is much much more supported in your favorite games, and there's much much less problem with the whole affair.

ATI...makes great vid cards...but they just don't seem to be able to figure out how to make good chipsets (as honestly, the problems with the motherboards generally fall down to the chipset makers, not the motherboard mfg's).

as you can tell in this forum, the NF4 section gets about 20x more traffic than the ATI section...and it isn't just because NF4's have been around longer...the RDX200 motherboard has been out for a good long while and Crossfire cards have been filling the inventories at major vendors/retailers for a while...and still...problems problem problems, lack of performance, etc.

I've also discovered that Crossfire doesn't seem to work worth a darn on AMD rigs...yet toss it into an Intel 975X and....it works quite well.

Too bad Intel cpu's stink compared to AMD...but that is going to change VERY QUICKLY in about 2-4 months when we finally get some real Conroe love.

Great thing is, you will be using a real Intel 975X chipset (or later) and it will STILL support Crossfire...so you don't have to rely on ATI's crappy chipsets (nor any problems that seem to follow AMD Crossfire around).

so

in closing, do yourself a favor and forget ATI for the moment. Just because a few users (including Rgone, who you should NEVER think you can overclock anywhere near as good as he will be able to) have shown some cool overclocks, doesn't really show you the whole picture.

Stick to something tried and true like NF4 original boards and SLI technology...or just use what you have and wait 6-12 months for a mature AM2 platform (AMD's new DDR2 setups), or 4-8 months for a real Conroe setup, which, at this time, will annihilate anything AMD can bring to the table.

buying anything ATI related when it comes to chipsets is really just asking for trouble. That is my honest opinion at this time.