Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, seriously now, I've been looking for some damn lockpicks for the last 5 hours pretty much, just taking sidequests and hoping I can find a couple....all I wanna do is assassinate this damn guy...

*sigh*

You'd think they could have made a fireball that would take out a door, at least for house doors and such. :rolleyes:

...or my sword for that matter...

In an preemptive (but probably futile) gesture to get my wife into the game, I spent the better part of an hour modding the character's face to look like her. Ended up getting a great likeness (except for the elven ears), then the game crashed before I could save it. Arg!

I ended up having to back way off the OC on my video card to get everything stable. This is strange because I haven't had problems with any of other games. I'll have to try the new drivers.

Though I didn't get much time in yet to actually play it, everything thing runs pretty smoothly at high settings on my 7800GT :D

Getting this soon. HOpefully my PC runs it great ;)

I figure I should be able to get 60 fps with some details lowered.

And I havn't tried the new drivers, but ppl are reporting on other boards an increase of quite a few FPS.

Oh and baaj, I'd be carefull about getting the ex wife into the game. I did that with Ultima online, and then later the sims. I swear I didn't see her or the pc for a week :(

Techno,

When ingame, press the "tild" key and open your Console. Type in this--- player. additem 0000000a 100

You will have 100 lockpicks ready at your disposal.

Okay, Ive visited numerous boards yesterday and it seems there ARE serious sound issues causing game freezing/crashes with anyone owning any Creative sound card. Yes there are a handful of acceptions but from experience I can tell you this issue is one that will have to be addressed either from Bethesda or Creative or both. The posts are racking up into the hundreds about it on several sights. I guess my point is if you own a Creative card,, unless you know for sure its your Vid card reserve judgment till this issue is addressed. If you own a second sound card that isnt Creative, you might try plugging it in and then test the game. Also RL 97 having some issues but worth a shot.

well, i finally got some playing time in (more than just getting in and looking around)

my main rig is what I've been using, and I've experienced zero issues with my Audigy2 ZS card.

I did download the beta 84.25 drivers for my 7800GTX that are supposed to have specific enhancements for Oblivion. I honestly cannot tell the difference between them and the latest officials that I have been running.

I also told momma that there's no way in hell she can play this game until after finals in May...because this game will suck you in hard and not let you go. I already guarantee that you wont see me at the Street for at least 3 weeks while I play this thing to death :tooth: