SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

1. I should DISABLE Cool'n Quiet in the BIOS.

If I am running a dual-core CPU, then

2. I should download and install the AMD Dual Core CPU driver from the AMD site.

If I am running Windows 2K or XP, then

3. I should download and install the Microsoft Dual Core CPU HotFix from the Microsoft Knowledge Base site.

And last, if I am NOT running an FX-60 CPU, then

4. Download and FLASH the 11/02 BIOS

Are the above steps correct???

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is new driver set from nVidia 84.12 - http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...2bit_84.12.html

Some DualCore Issues resolved in this set ;)

Too bad I can't get the .exe to run properly. It says the file is corrupt so I delete it and redownloaded it from each mirror and nadda. Also I'd like to add tot he record that I flashed my rig to 12/06 (or whatev the december ones are lol) and I couldn't even post with the exact same settings. So i cleared my CMOS and tried OC'ing again and got jack .. I honestly don't know what it is, but those 12/06 bios really really hate me.

As for games crashing, BF2 randomly goes nuts on my end. I can't seem to nail down teh problem. I'm running Forceware 81.91, 6.70 and Win XP Pro SP2. It will randomly lag like hell. We are talking 4 FPS max, and I check my ping and its <30ms. SLI is enabled and no other programs are running at all. Sometimes it locks and goes into a sound loop and I have to physicly unplug it to reset it.

Also as a side note anyone any know where the link to compatible hardware is for LP UT Expert?

I've downloaded International Version and it works OK.

Maybe U should cleard Ur Temporary Internet Files before One More Download.

I also don't like 6.70 nVidia drivers much. Some laggies is what I get too.

Well i got home from work 2 hours ago and have been playing Call of Duty 2 and yet again no crashes :D so that's five days stable now, so i'm convinced it's the 12/7 bios that is the culprit.

Others may like to flash to the 11/2 bios and post back results to see how you go.Feedback would be appreciated.

Now i think of it i never had the crashing problem when i first built this computer, it came after.But i'm not sure exactally when,all i upgraded where the sound card, hard drives, went to watercooling and last but not least the BIOS.

So there it is, hopfully DFI will bring out a new bios that fixes the crashing out of range signal and stops any hesitant people about cooking your CPU with the 11/2 version.Although i think from recall it was only a very select few who had that happen.

Man oh man that's is 3 weeks of the biggest trouble shooting i've ever done, but it was worth it i recon :nod:

I am happy everything is running OK for you, Muppet ...

But not much help for those of us running FX-60 CPUs ... :(

Yeah that's unfortunate, hopfully DFI will release an updated bios in the near future

I received a replacement NF4 Expert board today finally and will begin setting it up with the following:

DFI NF4 Expert SLI-DR (12/07/2005 BIOS) (6.70 Nforce drivers)

AMD Opteron 146 (2Ghz)

2x1024MB OCZ PC4000EB

2x Chaintech 6600GT SLI (81.98 drivers)

Asus 52x CD-ROM

Maxtor 160GB IDE hdd

OCZ Powerstream 520w psu

Thermalright XP-90 or SLK-948U heatsink

I'll take a look and see what's up with it, and get back to ya (bump the thread every 8-12 hours if you don't see me reply...I've got hockey tonight and tomorrow and hockey 101 clinic on Sunday so I'm gonna be gone quite a bit)