SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

I am very interesting in your 3DMark05 results, Jessie. :nod:

When I first set my system up on the 12/07 bios with SLI, it took a couple hours to receive the "frequency out of range" error. Later on, I received various reboots and frequency errors more quickly, and on other games besides BF2. There were also times that I could run 3DMark05 for a couple hours before any problems. The system would become more volitile with various reboots.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interesting in your 3DMark05 results, Jessie. :nod:

When I first set my system up on the 12/07 bios with SLI, it took a couple hours to receive the "frequency out of range" error. Later on, I received various reboots and frequency errors more quickly, and on other games besides BF2. There were also times that I could run 3DMark05 for a couple hours before any problems. The system would become more volitile with various reboots.

i bet our systems are simialar... :)

7065 with out sli

11991 with sli

OK, I finally get fed up with all this bull crap and random restarts that I've posted about. So I formatted my hard drive (not the quick way, the 2 hour way) and installed WinXP Pro 32bit SP2. Loaded up Forceware 6.53 (i think thats the one, i know its atleast 6.5x) and 84.14 graphics drivers. Then i tossed on the necessary software everyone needs: firefox, ms office, bf2, tweak utilities, blah blah. I also restarted my OC to almost normal, 245x11 in stead of 250x11. Kept evertyhing the exact same as before the wipe and magicly its stable again.

I'm running Folding@Home, BF2, AIm, everest and been doing it all day w/o so much as a hang in the system. I am so lost. I guess I can eliminate the bios as the error (at least so far). I will try and slowly up the FSB again to see if I can't hit my orginal OC.

OK, I finally get fed up with all this bull crap and random restarts that I've posted about. So I formatted my hard drive (not the quick way, the 2 hour way) and installed WinXP Pro 32bit SP2. Loaded up Forceware 6.53 (i think thats the one, i know its atleast 6.5x) and 84.14 graphics drivers. Then i tossed on the necessary software everyone needs: firefox, ms office, bf2, tweak utilities, blah blah. I also restarted my OC to almost normal, 245x11 in stead of 250x11. Kept evertyhing the exact same as before the wipe and magicly its stable again.

I'm running Folding@Home, BF2, AIm, everest and been doing it all day w/o so much as a hang in the system. I am so lost. I guess I can eliminate the bios as the error (at least so far). I will try and slowly up the FSB again to see if I can't hit my orginal OC.

I hope it all goes well for you, as for me it's over a week now and still stable, not one crash at all, plus i did post about someone on another forum who got in touch with DFI and they told him there is a definate problem with the 12/7 bios and SLI.

I hope it all goes well for you, as for me it's over a week now and still stable, not one crash at all, plus i did post about someone on another forum who got in touch with DFI and they told him there is a definate problem with the 12/7 bios and SLI.

Thats the odd thing, I've been on the 11/02 bios the whole time lol.

Thats the odd thing, I've been on the 11/02 bios the whole time lol.

Where you getting the computer locking up and the monitor displaying an out of range frequency or are you getting reboots and bsods

Random restarts. The computer for no apparent reason would just immediately go straight to black screen and the next thing I know my comp would be POSTing. It was so weird, but since the reformat it hasn't happened once in and its been 24 hours, so i have no idea whats goin on. This is my first time with a board this complicated and again the odd part was no bios settings changed.

I'm guess im learning first hand DFi = Pain in the butt but amazing once you get it stable LOL

i've been having similar problems.... q4 and doom3 lock up and error out in the middle of play, i cant get sli load bearing to show up and the correct gpu plug for the monitor doesn't run in sli... i'm kinda thinking it's really not in sli although everything in the bios and software is correct... no overclocking either...

No SLI Problems with 3D Mark. I had to reinstall the drivers once, but thats because I installed them earlier with one video card. Despite NVidia's claims, I don't think the second card is hotpluggable. After I reinstalled the display drivers (84.12 betas), everything is fine.

Since I moved to a single 7800 GTX. I haven't had a single crash for over a week now. FEAR, BF2, Painkiller, HL2 all working fine. Man it's been a while.

I hope we get a BIOS fix soon.

Alright guys, I got blazy and installed Microsoft ActiveSync again (previously posted about it causing crashes) and for the moment its working. I'm not holding my breath. This is when it pays to keep your old p3 600mhz as a network drive for backup purposes. It may be able to do about nothing but it still holds my documents and music with the best of them lol.