G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

most of the new HZ's arent that great. my friend got really lucky and got a kit that did 270 MHz on his first pair. i went through 4 pairs before i found a good pair. its definately YMMV with this memory. still, most are getting at least 260 @ 2.6-2/7v. pretty darn good for cheap memory.

Agreed

h

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My G.skills were giving me memory errors on test #5 at 250 fsb 1:1 in the orange slots. I just moved them to the yellow and they are passing now *crosses fingers* until they heat up again???

My question is how hot do these suckers run, they were scary hot when I touched them to swap to the yellow from orange and I was only using 2.5v

If this is typical I think I'm going to have to definately look into some active cooling on the pwmi and ram area with the inverted slot card cooler or the hacked up evercool crab.

My G.skills were giving me memory errors on test #5 at 250 fsb 1:1 in the orange slots. I just moved them to the yellow and they are passing now *crosses fingers* until they heat up again???

My question is how hot do these suckers run, they were scary hot when I touched them to swap to the yellow from orange and I was only using 2.5v

If this is typical I think I'm going to have to definately look into some active cooling on the pwmi and ram area with the inverted slot card cooler or the hacked up evercool crab.

Mine never got more than warm running that kind of voltage...never "hot" like some of my other kits of TCCD running 2.9v would. Doesn't sound right to me that they would be that hot...

I have a temp probe on mine that are at 2.63v now and with a fan over them they are hitting 33c at full load.

Im trying for 280, so far im at 278 which just passed 9 1/2 hours of memtest. I'll have screenies when i finish testing.

Piss on the warranty. Remove the heat spreaders (i like to call them heat insulators), and put a 92 or 120mm fan blowing across your PWMIC area and through your RAM. They aren't as pretty, but mine are behaving real nice here two months after initial installations.

Hi all, dropped my Gskill HZ's in today and they are labled 3-4-4-8 timings but CPU-z and everest Detects the spd value @ 3-5-5-10 for some reason, when set to auto in the bios they are correctly recognised as 3-4-4-8@DDR500 they passed memtest fine @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 so i'm not too worried, havent had chance to play with them yet but i'll let you know when i do

Hmm...worrying that the newer ones of these sticks aren't hitting the same high speeds I keep reading about everywhere. Probably not too much of an issue, as I'll be running 2T on them anyhow (going for 4gb).

As soon as my flatemate gets off his a** I'll be getting 2x2gb kits from NewEgg :D

<Reserved for results pending>

From: here (its confusing page, SUB MENUS BELOW THE PAGE)

1GB/2GB

--------------------------------------------------------------

F1-4000USU2-HZ

Picture click

Flavor 1x 1024MB / 2x 1024MB

Rated speed 500MHz

Latency Timings 3-4-4-8

Operation Voltage 2.6 ~ 2.8v

Chip IC Samsung UCCC

PCB B6U808 v1.1

Warranty Lifetime

Market segment* ***

OC potential** **

Reviews/Testreports:

Guess2098 Testreport

Kakaroto Testreport

G.S Technician Testreport

bachus_anonym Testreport

Hi folks, got my eXpert together with org. Samsung UCCC up and running. It took me a weekend to find appropriate settings. When I installed my org. Samsung memory sticks in my DFI eXpert - Windows won't start with memory in the yellow bank and unsteady in the orange.

I checked the forum to participate from the experience of other users with UCCC Memory. During my testing I came to the theory that UCCC need less voltage but a strong signal and that is how I came to success in the yellow banks. Here are my settings - take a look at the DRAM Stength Parameter - these are quite high compared to other UCCC settings. These settings are Prime and Game stabil. Next I'm going to make them run in the orange banks - trying more usual timings.

FSB - 270

LDT - x3

CPU/FSB Ratio - x9

Vcore - 1.45 x 110%

LDTv - 1.3

CHPv - 1.6

vDIMM - 2.6

Board - NF4 eXpert

Real Ram MHz: - 270

BIOS version - 12/07/2005

FSB Bus frequency - 270

LDT/FSB frequency ratio - 3

CPU/FSB frequency ratio - 9

PCI-Express frequency - 100

LDT voltage control - 1.3

Chipset voltage control - 1.6

DRAM voltage control - 2.6

Dram frequency set (MHz) - 200

Command per clock (CPC) - enable

CAS latency control (tCL) - 3

RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) - 4

Min RAS# Active Timing (tRAS) - 8

Row Precharge timing (tRP) - 4

Row cycle time (tRC) - 11

Row refresh cycle time (tRFC) - 14

Row to row delay (tRRD) - 3

Write recovery time (tWR) - 3

Write to read delay (tWTR) - 2

Read to write delay (tRTW) - 3

Refresh period (tREF) - 3120

Write CAS# latency (tWCL) - 1

DRAM bank interleave - enable

DQS skew control - auto

DQS skew value - 0

DRAM drive strength - 15

DRAM data drive strength - 4

Max Async Latency - 8

DRAM response time - Fast

Read Preamble time - 6

Idle cycle limit - 256

Dynamic counter - disable

R/W queue bypass - 16x

Bypass max - 7x

32 byte granulation - disable

Any suggestions?

I put these in my NF2 ultra-b board. I am getting an NF4 ultra-d after I save some money. I thought I grab this ram while it was on sale on newegg. I got them for about $145 with the instant rebate. They must of been selling bad sets at the lower price. The ones I got were detected in cpu-z at 3-5-5-8. I think newegg and gskill are pulling some shady .. I found out the hard way that NF2 boards hate CAS 3. I tightened the timings to 2.5-3-3-3-11 and set the vdimm to 2.7. I can't get over 200 FSB. I really hope it's my 2500+ Barton. No matter how high I put the voltage (up to 1.85) I can't get 210 FSB stable in prime95, even with 3-4-4-8 timings. Sucks my multiplier is locked. I tried running a divider to get the CPU running at 200 FSB and the ram at 250 FSB. But that just cause my system not to post and gave me loud beeping noises. So I turned of my PSU and cleared the CMOS with the jumper. I am grateful I didn't destroy the bios or anything else.

Any ideas? I would RMA but I think it's my cpu and mobo.