G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

Whee, got my own set of 2x1 gb gskill ddr500's today.

Plopped them into the orange slots on my sli-dr board, gave them a great memtest 86 run.

They run great at 200, 225, 250, and even 270 mhz all on 2.7v!

I run an amd 4800, and I have a 12 multiplier. So I should be able to set the ram (1:1 ratio at 200) and push the fsb to 250, having a 3 ghz cpu and a 250 (500) mhz ram.

...however, it doesn't work. It posts just fine, but when it starts to backup the cmos and everything, it just reboots. It stops randomly, sometimes not even displaying the entire word and stopping, then rebooting, (cm cmo c etc instead of cmos).

It's strange, but I think its somehow my processor.

I've even fed it 1.45 volts (I am not really wanting to go higher on a 1.35v stock core) and I don't believe its the memory since I can lower the multiplier to 10 and keep the same fsb and it works just fine (I'm typing to you now!).

Any ideas of how to touch the 3 ghz limit with this processor and memory? I know for a fact that 4800's will oc insanely well, and I'd like a piece of that.

I am watercooled, so heat issues aren't too much of a concern and have a high air flow through my case.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas of how to touch the 3 ghz limit with this processor and memory? I know for a fact that 4800's will oc insanely well, and I'd like a piece of that.

O you do do you? Just like every 165 hits 3ghz :rolleyes:, you wont get close on stock voltage, you'll be lucky to hit 3ghz stable at all, and every 4800 is different.

I am watercooled, so heat issues aren't too much of a concern and have a high air flow through my case.
Why waste money on water for stock voltage? :shake:

It's strange, but I think its somehow my processor.

It would be nice if we could just pick a multiplier and a FSB and the system would boot and be stable. I think I'd start with 9x400. Seriously, You need to check out the Overclocking Guide

Should I RMA these sticks? based on my previous post? Newegg said it would have to be recieved in the next 14 days. It won't do over 200 FSB without errors in prime95 but I think it could be my CPU. I don't have an NF4 mobo test the ram with. Just my current one

Should I RMA these sticks? based on my previous post? Newegg said it would have to be recieved in the next 14 days. It won't do over 200 FSB without errors in prime95 but I think it could be my CPU. I don't have an NF4 mobo test the ram with. Just my current one

That "11" should be a 10, and also you'll be hard pressed to hit 250 with a locked multi if your not using a serious divider(forget about 5/6). I would also suggest starting@stock and dropping the VDIMM to 2.6;D

Like what other settings? :)

a64tgskill2fo.jpg

You got any straight bios settings?(a64tweaker doesn't show LDTx) I'm trying to hit 2700 on this Newy and I think you might be putting me in the right direction...

after this is done I get my opty 170 ;)

Also check MAL(Max Async latency) and RPT(Read Preamble Time)this RAM is very finnicky about em both...