G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cloud_171

Hmmm as of now I have 4 sets of g.skill hz ram and only one goes up to 265 and the rest doesn't seem to come close. But then again all I've tried is pumping it up to 265 to see if it is stable which none have been stable. Maybe I'm just doing this wrong? or maybe in super rare case they acutally overclock. Either way I have to spend more time on it, but so far so bad.

yeah. not happening.

so to get the 2.8-2.9 my cpu is stable at, i'll have to run a divider right?

this is like some horrible math class i should've skipped in highschool :sweat:

ok, working on 3-4-4-8 w/ 5:6 divider.. 312 fsb x9 multi 2808 mhz

so, 260mhz ram and 2.8ghz

memtest shows my ram at 255mhz.. hm.

i guess it really doesnt matter, i keep hearing ram overclocking is almost pointless

i just cant believe im running an entire gig over what the cpu is stock.. on a tiny voltage increase

i'm going to lower the voltage and see how that goes too. i didnt exactly step it up

(weird)I better hit 265+ cause I ordered mine and they'll be here today...

I hear the UPS man a knock knock knockin at my door...and I swear if I don't get my numbers, then Ima gonna, Ima gonna(/weird)

After taking a REAL close look at this thread(all 25 pages...)It is my estimation(and most of yours)that these stix won't hit more than 275, as a median. Otherwise, I think some of you that can't hit more than the 250-260+ range are throwin in this RAM out of the box and expecting it to hit these magic numbers and in my experience this don't work like that.

RAM has to be burned in before you even ATTEMPT to get a post or crash-free windows op...my advice in spite of the fact that I'm gonna probably do the same thing I just told you not to do(hehehe)is follow the G.SKILL tech's and the others advice(teamrsx??? comes to mind)in this thread and take your time with incremental MHZ steps and perform an 8hr+ memtest/prime95 run the second you take it out of the box.

How do you think I kept this RAM(see sig)running for a year?

.02c and wish me lukk.

Guest burningrave101
im pumping 270 right now out of my 2x1g hz

stock volts

on probably my tenth memtest86

3-4-4-8

will post setup.. i better be able to get 280-290..

I doubt that you will get anywhere near 290MHz unless your extremely lucky. They will likely start to crap out a little past 270MHz. I'm running mine on a 180 divider at the moment cause i have the FSB up to 319MHz already.

yeah i posted that i never did 290

i got to 270 no problems.. 278 and 280 errored in memtest, loosened timings, still problems, so i gave and did the divider

oh well

running great so far @ 260 (says 255 though hm)

i never touched the voltage as i heard this ram is only good at the low volts

most of the new HZ's arent that great. my friend got really lucky and got a kit that did 270 MHz on his first pair. i went through 4 pairs before i found a good pair. its definately YMMV with this memory. still, most are getting at least 260 @ 2.6-2/7v. pretty darn good for cheap memory.