DFI Expert:are there any new bios?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, TCCD problem. Me and a lot of users with certain type of TCCD memory.

I totally agree with you. This is starting to make me ill. I had nothing but trouble with ultra-d and redline 4000. I thought all my problems were solved by shelling out more money for a new mobo and memory and I find out that the expert has problems with tccd. I hope they fix this when they release a new bios sometime next year.

The thing that really sux is that I sold my ultra-d board because of my problems with UTT. I bought the Expert board and tccd thinking that this would be a more stable solution. Atleast I'm not stuck with a cold boot issue like I had with the ultra-d and the utt, but this just sux that i have a new board and ram that again have problems. I hope Oskar can issue a bios revision to address the tccd problem. I've had 4 dfi boards so far and it's looking like my 5th will be asus.

The issue is the board will never be as good as the older NF4 with TCCd as it was not designed to run at such high fsb's, so no bios will fix this as its a hardware issue.

Can you elaborate a little Tony ?

I've also had a lot of issues with my PT rev. 2 sticks which were good for DDR620 2.5-4-3-8-1T on my Ultra-D (TCCD431 ;) ). My Expert board really struggles with 300Mhz with both kits of rev. 2.

It all boils down to drive strength. The wrong drive strength was unstable for the TCCD even at 250Mhz. Right now I'm on Data drive strength of 1 (reduce 50%) and DRAM drive strength of 7. Latency's are at 7 and 9ns. This will give me 295Mhz 2.5-4-3-7 prime stable, but that's the best I can get out of the Expert. 300Mhz is in some benchmarks stable, but not prime95 stable.

RGone at least keeps saying this board clocks higher than any previous DFI NF4 board ;)

Can you elaborate a little Tony ?

I've also had a lot of issues with my PT rev. 2 sticks which were good for DDR620 2.5-4-3-8-1T on my Ultra-D (TCCD431 ;) ). My Expert board really struggles with 300Mhz with both kits of rev. 2.

It all boils down to drive strength. The wrong drive strength was unstable for the TCCD even at 250Mhz. Right now I'm on Data drive strength of 1 (reduce 50%) and DRAM drive strength of 7. Latency's are at 7 and 9ns. This will give me 295Mhz 2.5-4-3-7 prime stable, but that's the best I can get out of the Expert. 300Mhz is in some benchmarks stable, but not prime95 stable.

RGone at least keeps saying this board clocks higher than any previous DFI NF4 board ;)

expert has compatibility problem with tccd, venus improve tccd performance...

but is venus better then old sli-dr ?

I have the DFI Expert and have been using a 2GB kit of GSkill (2GBHZ) for about a month now and have had no problems with the DFI Official 12/07/05 BIOS version. Well my Mushkin Redline XP4000 (UTT) just got back today from RMA and I was wondering if it is possible/advised to run UTT RAM with any BIOS except the modded E704-2BT version (Because this version uses "-2" romsip which to my knowledge is optimized for UTT/BH-5)?

Can I run the modules on this official DFI BIOS (12/07)? I have tried to browse the threads looking through members signitures to see what RAM/BIOS combinations their using (Members who have the Expert mobo) but on the ones who are using UTT RAM none of the one I saw listed the BIOS they were using. I will continue looking but would love some help in the meantime as I'd like to install this RAM again! Thanks guys for all your help!

I have the DFI Expert and have been using a 2GB kit of GSkill (2GBHZ) for about a month now and have had no problems with the DFI Official 12/07/05 BIOS version. Well my Mushkin Redline XP4000 (UTT) just got back today from RMA and I was wondering if it is possible/advised to run UTT RAM with any BIOS except the modded E704-2BT version (Because this version uses "-2" romsip which to my knowledge is optimized for UTT/BH-5)?

Can I run the modules on this official DFI BIOS (12/07)? I have tried to browse the threads looking through members signitures to see what RAM/BIOS combinations their using (Members who have the Expert mobo) but on the ones who are using UTT RAM none of the one I saw listed the BIOS they were using. I will continue looking but would love some help in the meantime as I'd like to install this RAM again! Thanks guys for all your help!

I use bios 12/7. it's fine for my geil bh5 (FSB255 3.6v prime stable), but it's dificult for me to fine the correct setting for geil tccd at FSB270...