3DMark06 is out

ExtraPickles

Redbeaver, thats pretty damn good for that cpu. What type of cooler do you have? Also, i am running 84F idle, with thermaltake big typhoon. What if i ran it from 2.2Ghz (now) to 2.6Ghz, and lets say it went up to 115F, how much would this decrease the life of my cpu? Thanks!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww...

I can't run 3dmark06 at all :(.

Says:

System Info error: Wbem not connected

MO_WMI::CWMIObject::connectToWbem()

This blows...

For one I had to go find that d3dx9_28.dll.

I allready had 25 and 27 for mpc and vdub...

I have 2k3 sp1 installed so I'm not about to install a dx ver meant for xp you know?

Anyways that's all taken care of, I dl'ed the dll from some delphi coding site...

The program should of included this to the side, not in some dx package that re-installs the entier dx :.

I could'nt even get it from the temp files mid-install...

Anyways whatever.

I don't ever have probs with anything else...

Except for those crapy progs that say no 2k3 installing, stuff liek that.

Those are'nt hard to get around.

Neither is websites like say symantec's antivirus scanner, the online ver.

I have had one issue, a dx uninstaller...

I was trying it on a buddies rig, his 9800pro does'nt like 2k3 sp1, but did'nt have probs with pre-sp1.

It was lying about the dx ver, so I was trying to uninstall it and install a xp ver, this was quite some time ago,yes I tried changeing the ver by reg too...

Anyways I'm sure you guys don't appreciat my chatter...

The point is, it won't run on my modded os when I have everything else running perfectly :(.

I'm sure it would'nt run on my 2kpro sp4 either, which is modded ALOT more.

Talking about porrly written programs, this is one of them :(.

Using something I don't have, bleh lol.

I do know it's somethign that's useless and they could of done it another way that's for sure.

Oui ^^.

Anyways about the offtopic stuff.

Doom3, it did look like melted plastic, and it's not the 1st time I heard someone say that exact phrase.

The textures suck in it.

I do aggree though lighting effects are nice.

The funny thing is, you can tweak out the config, and jack up the detail fomrom it's in-game config.

It does'nt really look much better then the lowest detail(except for the mip bais thing).

But it does use alot more memory when you jack it up from in-game :, I mean lot more.

Not really video card memory either, just system mem really is all you'de need, a gig would do probably, or maybe 768m.

It's ogl allright, and that's the main reason it does'nt do well on ati cards.

Ati cards can do some ogl, but certain progs or whatnot just don't work at all!

Fear, never played it, I had a chance to get it, maybe I will check it out somtime later.

Farcry...

An awesome game, should do well on both ati and nv cards.

But.., the config is totally half @ssed.

Very hard to get it just right, well not that hard but sometimes it can be a hassle.

I found myself re-installing the game many times over the past trying to fix it.

It's great though when it is working, but sometimes slow if you got modded drivers setup for max details, and the game setup for max details, ingame and out based configs.

Like I said, 1-3fps at the begining of lv3, while the the rest of lv's seem fine, very playable and high fps.

I myself am waiting for ut2k7.

The previuos ut's all had awesome textures res'es for there time, I mean freaking awesome.

The games, while they did look, well pixalated or whatever you call it, at a -15 mip bais, did look awesome.

Higher res or some aa fixes that right up though :D.

The game does well with point based filtering.

Farcry on the other hand needs triliner to look allright at a -15 mip bais.

I force trillinear these days since I encountered farcry, it looked horrible, certain textures were way to low for the norm...

Vsync...

I agree, it's nice.

But I also agree it hampers performance to much to be used for really much of anything.

I prefer the higher refresh rates with vsync off.

I can live with a little bit of tearing.

Turning on vsync on a benching prog, well that would'nt be a good idea for those high scores.

Say you're getting over 1000fps in gt1 of 3dmark03(I do), well you can say bye bye to that.

It would be whatever the montiro refresh rate is, so 60fps, or 75, or 85, or 100, or 120, etc.

No way would you get your max though, not even close.

It'll probably hold your min and avg down as well.

Anyways I got around 11k+ the last time I ran 03, with my 6600gt.

I'm sure it's even better by now.

I never ran 05 that much though, only when I 1st got my card.

I got around 4k-5k I think back then, but then again that's when I got around 10k or below in 03 I think ^^.

I was gonna run 06 at 275x8, 4-4-2-3, 0-0-2-3-3-6-3 for now.

Single chan, 256m of memory lol.

Why not lol...

I know the timings are bad though, but it's a wip, superpi and s&m stable, but not prime, seems to be a vcore thing..

I'm still working on this though, I was curios to run the new 3dmark on it, there goes that idea out the windows though :.

Athlon mobile mp btw, yeah mp..., I got my rig to do that(I even got smp instruction, all progs say mobiel mp, etc etc, the bios says it too).

Later dudes :.

Maybe in the future futuremark will chnage up there system checking code or somethign so I can run the darn thing.

It's doubtful though but I guess I can hold on to that hope.If they don't I'll never be running it I'm afraid, I'm not gonna take out some of my windows mods just to run this one prog.

I don't care if I was on a dual core nf4 with sli or whatever.

I just ran 3dmark06, got 4671 (3dmark05 did around 8450). I noticed that 3dmark says my GPU is only at 450 core. That is what the factory OC is, but I have mine at 513. Does this mean the benchmark was only using 450 mhz? Obviously, 63 mhz would make a huge difference in the score.

Can you post your URL? 4671 is really good for 2600Mhz + GT

What drivers did you use? and what res?

Because 06 only did 4428 with my AMD x2 3800+@ 2.7Ghz - XFX 7800GT 532/1215 being higher clocks on both CPU and GPU.

To Redbeaver, I got my GPU so high by voltmodding the BIOS to 1.5V. I also have a Zalman cooler (in my sig), but it's basically just quiet, it doesn't lower temps too much. Before the V-mod I only got about 495 mhz. The jump to 513 made a difference of about 400 in 3dmark05.

To Raphie, I'm using the latest drivers, 81.98, on the default settings, which gives a 1280x1024 res. I didn't buy 3dmark06 so I couldn't change it anyway. This should link to my score, tell me if it doesn't work:

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectd...projectId=53052

I just looked at our comparison, and for some reason my CPU score was way higher than yours. this doesn't make sense since yours is running 100 mhz higher. Whatever the reason, I think that's the difference. What is your HTT and multi? I've found that in 3dmark using a higher htt and lower multi gives a higher score. Thats why I'm using 289x9 instead of the 10 or 11 multi.

NEOAethyr (and anyone else having the problem with 3dmark 06 not starting up)

this is the fix for your 3d mark 06 problem

Go to start, run, type services.msc

go down to Windows Management Instrumentation. Right click it, go to properties. Make sure the startup type is automatic, not manual or disabled. Then click start, then click ok. Re-run 3dmark 06. This will fix the error. Good luck

Guest SuppA-SnipA

ok now dont hate on me lol, im 17 and have to earn money which earn pc parts...

3dmark 06 score is 1549

pc specs as of now are

amd athlon 3200 2.01ghz

1 gb (2x512) OCZ GOLD

asus nvidia 6600gt

dfi lanparty ut nf4 d

1 80gb hdd ide

1 200gb hdd sata

thank you