3DMark06 is out

ExtraPickles

no... i got ~2300 marks... didnt bother to look at all the scores cause it made me sick :super_mad:.

heck i just got this card, and it runs 06 like my 9600 ran 05 :(

the main reason your score is so low is because its an ATI X800xxx which means it does not have SM3.0 support..

ATI deemed SM3.0 as unimportant until recently with the new batch of cards which now all mysteriously include SM3.0

You card is far from crap. and you should have expected that your score would have been low if you had looked into 06' first before running it..

/me pats Charlies22911 on the back... its all ok, its JUST a benchmark... nothing more...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you love HL2, Farcy then you will love FEAR. It will creep you out tho, esp if you play in a dark room with 5.1 sound cranked up.. You will do more than shake in yer boots.. you will jump right out of them..

What are you upgrading?? perhaps we can help you get the system you need to run FEAR, because like I said in my above post its not really system friendly ..

well, i've been building my own systems for 10 years now; and have been consulting/troubleshooting for about 6 years.

i'll be using most of my sig equipment; the upgraddes are:

- nf3 250GB from DFI (already purchased)

- 2x512 PC4800 TCCD G.Skill (already purchased)

- Asetek Waterchill 03-L-1249 Kit (already purchased; hopefully will take me to 3.2GHz+)

- A64 Mobile 4000 (purchasing at the beginning of next month)

now, i know FEAR is best ran with 2gigs of ram, but i don't have the money to buy an nf4 mobo, new cpu, new video card, and new ram. so...in light of my financial disposition, i decided to optimise the equipment i already own. the bottleneck for my X800XT-PE is my nf2/cpu, so i was looking for the nf3 ULTRA-D, but i can't find it for sale anywhere and many of them were "lemons" and don't perform well. i was wanting to go dual core.

so, my upgrade chioce of mobo/cpu/mem and water cooling, will hopefully, be enough. the nf3 250 runs a single channel cpu mem controller, and altho, as AG has made clear with tangible data, that mem bandwidth deosn't really effect performance on the A64 systems since the mem controller is "on die". so it's the speed of the cpu that affects almost everything. the higher the mem bus or the tighter the mem timings, mostly equates to a quicker system as it brings down the mem bus latency. the problem with the nf3 single channel cpu mem controller, is that with a two gig kit, is that you can't overclock it well for the low system lats. so you say "run it on a divider and a lower mem bus" well that causes it's own issues as the two performance mem choices would be 1. high mem bus loose timings or 2. low mem bus tight timings; well the two gig kit can't get high mem bus freuqs on this nf3 250 and at low mem bus speeds it can't run tight timings. even the 1gig kit is limited in bus speed. if they made a 1GB stick of ram that could give us the timings and overclocking performance of the 512MB TCCD stick, then i would of bought that instead.

so my new system should come out like this:

- A64 M-4000 oc'd to 3.3GHz+

- nf3 259Gb at 280mhz 1T FSB tight timings

- 2x512 1GB mem kit

- X800XT-PE 256MB oc'd to at least 600GPU / 1200 GDDR3

- 2xRaptors in Raid0

so, what do you think this system will do in FEAR?

TGM

no... i got ~2300 marks... didnt bother to look at all the scores cause it made me sick :super_mad:.

heck i just got this card, and it runs 06 like my 9600 ran 05 :(

also, if you're running the A-XP system in your toaster sig, then the cpu and chipset's low bandwidth thru the core and the memory bus is starving your vid card for data.

TGM

so my new system should come out like this:

- A64 M-4000 oc'd to 3.3GHz+

- nf3 259Gb at 280mhz 1T FSB tight timings

- 2x512 1GB mem kit

- X800XT-PE 256MB oc'd to at least 600GPU / 1200 GDDR3

- 2xRaptors in Raid0

so, what do you think this system will do in FEAR?

TGM

it should do quite well, but as long as you dont turn up all the effects to full it wont croak your GFX performance.

Even on a SLI7800GTX System with full detail it still croaks. thats even on a Dual Core 4800+

You'd probably be able to run it around 1024x768 upwards. And with a little tweaking of the GFX controls you will get it looking pretty good.. Good enuff to scare you :)

As long as you dont expect FEAR to serande you from below your bedroom window with a sultry voice, you should be all set...

it will probably run it better than mine as I dont have 2gb yet.its on my todo list, but fixing a leak in the roof, fixing the car,paying for food kinda gets in my way of being a g33k..

I think I need a g33k holiday where I can g33k out fully :)

it should do quite well, but as long as you dont turn up all the effects to full it wont croak your GFX performance.

Even on a SLI7800GTX System with full detail it still croaks. thats even on a Dual Core 4800+

You'd probably be able to run it around 1024x768 upwards. And with a little tweaking of the GFX controls you will get it looking pretty good.. Good enuff to scare you :)

As long as you dont expect FEAR to serande you from below your bedroom window with a sultry voice, you should be all set...

it will probably run it better than mine as I dont have 2gb yet.its on my todo list, but fixing a leak in the roof, fixing the car,paying for food kinda gets in my way of being a g33k..

I think I need a g33k holiday where I can g33k out fully :)

your vid card and chipset/dual core will prolly toast mine in FEAR. i've only 1GB dual channel kit of ram.

all i know is that my new mobo and cpu will let my X800XT-PE fly... altho it's still not as good as a X16 vid w/512MB, dual core cpu, and two gigs of ram.. that would be 5w33t

but after this upgrade, i'll be waiting till about 2H07 to upgrade and i'll do a system wide upgrade...

- 940 M2 Dual Core DDR667 FSB

- newest chipset available

- 2gigs of DDR2-667 ram

- x16 vid card w/512MB

and maybe get rid of my 2x36gig Raptors and grab 2x74gig Raptors and put them in Raid0.... i know the new Raptor 150 is out, but if you look at the www.storagereview.com review of it, it's not the greatest, altho it does do over 1000 I/O's per second, but still the 74's in Raid0 i'd do.

TGM

Erm I have worked in the games industry back in the UK, so I think I know what I am talking about.

FEAR is poorly optimized, end of story..

Errr I hope you understand that I was talkin in jest. I wasnt trying to slam you. Some people like shadows some like high AA and some people like high res. No you cant have it all but that doesnt mean that somthing is bsicly wrong with the game. I guess you can cripple the system so it runs well on every system or cripple the settings so it makes yuo thin your system is fast or take away some of the quality I prefer to have all the options even if you dont immedatly use them.

There is a big diffrence between poorly coded and poorly optimized two diffrent criteria at least from the outside. To me poorly coded means it cant look good and run good optimised means that without work it will run smoothly on your system.

I think the possible failure was in marketing and in the set up of the game default settings. As much as I hated half lifes limits on resolution etc when detecting defaults everyone seemed happy when they could put their system on high settings even when those high settings did not man the same for everyone. If noting else high should have ben listed as ultamate or somthing of the sort and people hould have had to unlock those some how.

That way people with high end systems would feel better because they could put everything on high( even thought the guys with heavely overclocked cards or SLI could do better). I hate going in and manualy editing the configuration file or adding higher resolution packs though so I am happy for me that they did not. I think they did limit the options in the game making me edit the config file to hier settings in a few are and lower in others.

High frame rates at the default setting are not everythng the ability to tweak is important too.

Guest Dynamic

Okay here is another one...

3000+ @2.6GHz 1.55v

Memory @ 236MHz DDR472 2252-1T 3.5v

3DMark06

N/A

1033 <---from 996 hehe...

I just ran 3dmark06, got 4671 (3dmark05 did around 8450). I noticed that 3dmark says my GPU is only at 450 core. That is what the factory OC is, but I have mine at 513. Does this mean the benchmark was only using 450 mhz? Obviously, 63 mhz would make a huge difference in the score.

i got a 4004 with my system specs in sig.

SM2.0 Score: 1599

HDR/SM3.0 Score: 1574

CPU Score: 1692

1280x960 resolution

GT1 = 12.616 FPS

GT2 = 14.041 FPS

HDR1 = 13.467 FPS

HDR2 = 18.004 FPS

CPU1 = .535 FPS

CPU2 = .856 FPS

is this good, bad, or average, never done 3dmark before, i got 06 pro 1.02, thanks