3DMark06 is out

ExtraPickles

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm with 3Dmark maybe, but if you bench something like Doom3 you will find that there IS a difference.

Again a real world test and not a synthectic benchmark.

Plus I notice some tearing much more with Vsync off when running at 60hz vs 75hz even on an LCD.

I would much rather run it at 75hz...

If you have Vsync on however you dont get any tearing, but your FPS in say FRAPS will only show you running at 60FPS max vs 75FPS max on the same game...

So like I said it DOES make a differnce ablit a small one.

That's the whole point, neither quake or doom support more than 60FPS, even if you bench higher (by tunrnig your Vsync off) you will not influence your gameplay

didnt try at 2.6ghz ill try and get stable 2.6 later today.

i think i need to put a bit more voltage in ill try 1.45v tonight

should i be using x3 on the htt at that point as i know it wont even boot at x4 as im to far over 2000

guys we see CPU score's with X2 @ 2500-2600Mhz being between 1600 and 2200 points.

I already found out that 9 *278 gives me 100 points more than 10 * 250 (probably because of the faster mem timings) does mem timing make such a big difference in this version? i cannot imagine that there are differences in cores, or does this have to do with the AMD driver being (properly) installed?

Would be interested in your CPU score together with your timing:

To start with mine (x2 3800+):

2500Mhz (10 * 250) = 1368

2500Mhz (9 *278) = 1659

2700Mhz (10 * 270) = 1462

curious to see your CPU findings

my x2 3800 ramped up to 270x10 only gained 150 points to 2025 from 1872 @ 2.5ghz

not worth the voltage increase imo

I hear ya..

I have been running 2700mhz with 1.55+104% for a few weeks.. And last night I decided to go back to 2600mhz with 1.5vcore..

The extra 100mhz is nice and all.. temps are fine.. But I dont want to kill this one too fast..lol.. And the ONLY place I see the difference is in benchmarks and im not into benching all the time..

exactly mate and that was 2.7 @ 1.5v and i only ran a few tests and 3dmark06

ill settle for a nice stable 2.5 stock volts or maybe 1.4 just to keep her happy and ill try tio tighhten the timing alittle and then ill be done i think.

pushe my gpu from 445 1070 to 480 1200 with no issue but when i went 488 1220 i get crap happening in the benchmark so backed that back down too.

ill get my 2.5 in the db and if 2.6 does require much move volts ill do 2.6 but my pc is on 24/7 and i dont wanna kill it

Guest Milkshake
ps might buy another 2gb of ram and another 7800gt

what will that do for the benchmarks?

raise them :tooth:

Look up reviews with 2gigs and 2gts