unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

The temps are correct. load temps are at 34 c I have one of the best rated waterblocks and my IHS is off. Its just my voltage is high to get that amount of overclock. All I want to know is what the max voltage you all have used and how high you would go.

Hmm, if your room temperature is below 20° and like you say your WC is top rated... then it is posible to work with the temperatures you mention with the IHS off.

My WC is also top rated, but I am also cooling two very hot 6800GT (gpu/ram/vr) cards with a lot of overclock (435/1175)... and now my room temperatures are around 27° C. When I let the A/C go nuts and drop the room temperature below 22° my cpu load temperature is around 41° C or less... I imagine 5° C less with out the IHS, so 34° C is 100% real if you are just cooling the CPU alone.

I am tempted to remove the IHS now... but will wait a little longer since I might sell this 175 and get another one.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My IHS is removed. I thought I put a pretty good WC system together but if a good setup gives 34C loaded I guess I don't have much since I'm only cooling the cpu.

All I want to know is what the max voltage you all have used and how high you would go.

I know several people running 1.65V. I feel comfortable with 1.60V. I haven't seen much gain in real world performance by increasing a few MHz from what we are all running at. I might be dropping mine down by 20MHz. I'm trying some new ram and core 0 doesn't appear to be stable at my current settings. I think it might have something to do with the memory controller. I'm running some really tight timings and it might be stressing the controller more then with the HZ sticks.

Got my Opty 170 in yesterday, $400 from the egg for a 0609 fpaw, it does 2.75Ghz with stock cooler @ 1.4v 12 dual prime stable. How high do these 170s usually idle at stock vcore? Idles @35C load @54, I am gonna get another WC setup soon.

Thanks, I think so too, but CPU temps max out at 60 and I think core 0 might not make 36 hours of prime, seems a bit iffy. I gotta get some water cooling for it. I also had to add a 92mm fan over the mosfets to the right of my cpu, they got up into the mid 60s and dual prime crashed after 2 1/2 hours, I could feel the heat radiating of them. been going strong for 28 hours now, that I added the fan.

Yeah its a good idea, I was thinking of just tacking some Peltiers onto my radiator already.

Only problem is building a 12v 30A + supply to run them, a switching power supply with enough current costs mega bucks where i am

2100 @ 1,09v (measured) runs stable too :nod:

ram divider is 8 (262,6MHz)

KLICK

What? why underclock?, well not really, but I think you're doing it wrong.

I didn't notice the link, at first.

You're getting high mem speed and low voltage, but you sould be going for raw CPU MHz.

no, its the setting, to which rm-clock switches in idle, it goes from multiplicator 7 @ 1,09v over 8 & 9 to full power 10x300 @ 1,5v automatically ;)

i only tested it on stability in powersaving-level to make sure, that al p-states are fully stable.

24/7 i have setting "performance on demand"

rm-clock is the perfect c&q :nod: