unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried flickerdown, but the site was....well, down, tankguys was all out of 170s and then I got outbid on ebay on a 0609 fpaw so I said screw it and went with newegg.

oops already posted that earlier, thought that was another thread.

I suspected the same, but it can be sanded to height, can it? I mean maybe more than a few passes over a 1000 grit sandpaper will do the trick. So, joe, the height of the shim should be the same height of the core?

It would be the same height if you sanded slightly. The shim is at least 30% bigger than the 939 cpu. Dont even consider it.

cjoe

Give it a bit more vcore, if that heatsink on your sig is the Freezer64 it should be able to control the heat. Give it a little at a time, use a carculator to figure what you set on the bios, and trust the bios vcore setting, in my Expert it is just a bit off, my bios would be set at 1.652 and cpu-z and smarguardian reads 1.61. ;)

oh ok...

thanks man!!

yeap it;s the artic64 freezer alright.

currently running at 34-38degC

Well as far as I can remember reading on the extreme guys, the cold bug applies only if you take the temps to 0 or below. So far the CBB1E's have been clocked 2.9-3.0 that I have seen. Yours is just on air at that high OC, do it right and it will get great results.

hmm i dont quite get it. i thought phase change is supposed to run at minus temps ? so if it does kick in 0 and below,would it be 'guaranteed' to kick in?

mine can go 2.9ghz but not prime stable. occasionally (probably after hours and hours) there's this single beep frm the com and everything stops, gotta reset.

already pumped the vcore to 1.425x1.04

btw does anyone know whether is ccb1e 0550 upmw cold bugged ? and how badly?

i am saving up for a 2nd hand one but it's expensive even 2nd hand and i dont want to buy it only to find my cpu is cold bugged.

not sure, thought 0551 was cold bugged

hmm i dont quite get it. i thought phase change is supposed to run at minus temps ? so if it does kick in 0 and below,would it be 'guaranteed' to kick in?

mine can go 2.9ghz but not prime stable. occasionally (probably after hours and hours) there's this single beep frm the com and everything stops, gotta reset.

already pumped the vcore to 1.425x1.04

I have a 170 0550 UPMW available under my Phase Unit at the moment no Coldbug Prime Stable at 3000

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opty1701ig.jpg