Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

ok one last question blazin-asian, what are ur settings in DRAM drive strength and DRAM data drive strength?^^

7/3 :)

anyone ever seen a CAC2E core? pretty sure thats what mine was, but i was in a rush to put things together so i didnt write it down.

im almost positive its CAB2E. ive never heard of anything other then CABxx for the 148.

I have a wierd problem. I have an opteron 144 CAB2E and using the 704-2BTA BIOS. Seems the system underclocks me for some reason. When I have the HTT/FSB at 200, CPU-Z shows it's around ~175. I have the the HTT/FSB now to 270 but CPU-Z shows 243.

I know with the Asus A8V I was able to hit 300 HTT/FSB x9 multiplier or around 2700mhz but I don't know if a setting is off or something else on this DFI?

do you have cool and quiet disabled? ive heard with it on, it can do stuff like this. worth a try

UPDATE: got my mem to 3-4-3-0 like st0ffel and got my Pi 32M under 26m 45s now. priming at 1.616v now :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7/3 :)

im almost positive its CAB2E. ive never heard of anything other then CABxx for the 148.

do you have cool and quiet disabled? ive heard with it on, it can do stuff like this. worth a try

UPDATE: got my mem to 3-4-3-0 like st0ffel and got my Pi 32M under 26m 45s now. priming at 1.616v now :D

You know.. I was looking around the BIOS and I have Cool'n'Quiet disabled. Would anything else enable it in Windows? I looked in the Power Options in windows and set it to "Always On" but that didn't help. Guess I'll muck around in the BIOS some more :O

You know.. I was looking around the BIOS and I have Cool'n'Quiet disabled. Would anything else enable it in Windows? I looked in the Power Options in windows and set it to "Always On" but that didn't help. Guess I'll muck around in the BIOS some more :O

it should be under Genie BIOS settings above where you put vcore, vdimm and such. top half. i would check my BIOS, but im priming atm.

Blazin, you give me hope that I can one day hit 3.0 before moving up to a 165/170. :O Still working on 2.9 right now, my volts are getting kind of high though for being on air.

dont be scared. as long as your load temps get get to 50C youre in good shape. my load temps at 1.616v is 45C. im going to slowly burn the CPU in and hopefully get this under 1.6v. the highest volts ive had my 148 is 1.648 and ~35 hours of priming too. as long as you dont leave it as your 24/7 volts, you'll be fine.

im also thinking of moving up to a DC, but i cant stand the fact that i might not be able to hit 3 GHz with it. i will also miss the 11x multi.

doesnt BH5 get super hot? how can you tell if ram is BH5?

I always wanted to know that... and also what is hot and what is super hot :confused:

My Platinum Rev2, even being low voltage ram, got "very hot": 42º C average measured with an IR Thermometer. That type of ram is "cooler" than BH5 or VX modules, so are we talking about higher temperatures then?

hmm

i would say UCCC theres really no point going less than 2gig if you are buying ram now, imho ofcourse.

I have TCCD and BH-5, i did prefer BH-5 in my system, but tbh it probably ran better with the TCCD at higher clocks.

I just like to overvolt things :)

I didn't have a problem with the bh-5 overheating at 3.6v when i had an XP-120, the fan would blow air over them.