Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Just thought i would post my new computer results.(i couldnt be more excited).

I currently have only ran 3dMark01, pulling a ~25000 at stock speeds. We also ran AquaMark and got a ~72,800. Then AG jacked it up to 2.5ghz and ran AquaMark again, getting a 83,000 score. Only thing different then my sig is we used 1x2gig EL Gold, not the XTC that i am purchasing in the next few weeks and WC isnt hooked up yet. (120mm Fan exhaust needs to be cut out for airflow).

Once we get the beast setup on my WC i hope to hit 2.75ghz respectively. I think it could be done.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech
Ok finally got my Opty 144 and now it is time for stability, Right now I have it at 1.4v & 104% cpu vid control. Not stable

Changed my Bios to 704-2BTA which is working very nice at the moment and the divider is 9:10

Would this be a good temp at load 45c? Using 1.4v. Prime stable for 45 min.

Interesting the bios helped, did you clear it after flashing? I think I'm going to try it as soon as I find the ceiling on this 146 with the 623. Clearing the bios might have been the trick though, did you clear it when the new chip was installed on the original 623?

I've seen some examples of under-volting a bit, might try that Pick a 1.3 @ 104% for 1.352, and just bump the % up to get just over 1.4v: 1.3 x 113% = 1.469.

45C under load is fine considering: 285htt and 1.4 stock volts with a stock heatsink fan.

Once you start notching up the volts, the temps will go up quickly. Try and keep it under 50C when overclocking.

guys i maxed out at 2.8GHz which wasnt prime stable(failed damn fast), at 1.454Vcore.

rams are corsair VS uccc rams 2x1gb at 2.5 5 5 7.

prime tells me something is stressed out, the rams or the opty ?

then how to go pass the 2.8ghz roadblock.

the opty's a ccb1e 055vpmw

guys i maxed out at 2.8GHz which wasnt prime stable(failed damn fast), at 1.454Vcore.

is that a dual core then and are you using it in the rig in your sig

I'm nearly at the 3ghz!!! running at 2.95ghz, 10x295 @ 1.45v + 110% and memory 1:1 with 2.5-4-4-7 @ 2.7v, ran occt, superpi and prime (was stable when i cancelled at four hours), am going try for longer in the morning to see what i can get out of prime!!!

I'm nearly at the 3ghz!!! running at 2.95ghz, 10x295 @ 1.45v + 110% and memory 1:1 with 2.5-4-4-7 @ 2.7v, ran occt, superpi and prime (was stable when i cancelled at four hours), am going try for longer in the morning to see what i can get out of prime!!!

nice work ace.

now tell me where you found the 22in iiyama in your sig and ill tell you all the overclocking secrets your heart could wish for lol.

You can find out which by dropping your cpu mult a step and testing again. If it succeeds this time it's likely not your RAM - though RAM timings *DO* impact CPU mem controller stress. Have you tried increasing max async latency and read preamble? Try 9 and 6.5 or 9 and 7.

Guest LithoTech

Whoa! You got some super ram there! Nice! Only .05 more and hopefully you can keep those timings. D

What are your load temps at with that Sonic Tower?

You can find out which by dropping your cpu mult a step and testing again. If it succeeds this time it's likely not your RAM - though RAM timings *DO* impact CPU mem controller stress. Have you tried increasing max async latency and read preamble? Try 9 and 6.5 or 9 and 7.

hmmm this is sometime i've nvr thought of.

thanks man, will try later.