Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm so with my Opty, and 2GB G.Skill PC4000, and a DFI SLI Expert I could reasonably expect a decent OC.

Or should I just be patient with my Ultra-D and see what she will yield me?

Well, I have the same mobo and I'm about to prime at 2.9 (1.1ghz overclock). So I think you could stick with it and find a reward at the end.

Yeah Phelanl1777 you should easily be stable up to at least 3.0Ghz, your Opty is of fine pedigre! I think your CABYE is one of the most saught after of all Opty's! Even with my CACJE which is not as widely known I'm stable at my current settings. I'm in the process of testing and taking screenies of everything so I can add mine to the overclocking database in the near future! Plus I am somewhat memory limited at the moment while my Redline XP4000's at being RMA'ed! Once I get them back I will continue tweaking, testing, tweaking, testing, etc...

On a side note, I have never really used dividers before on DFI boards. I'd like to test it out so I can get a higher clock speed even though my current RAM tops out at 270 before I start having problems. From experience do any of you guys know of a stable divider to use on my Expert with BIOS version 12/07/05 along with my CACJE? Then last but not least, is Clockgen just used for taking screeenies or are you guys actually usign to make changes? Is it easier or better than just using the BIOS? I mean you still have to restart after you make chages with clockgen right? Thank you very much guys and good luck Phelan1777!

Yeah Phelanl1777 you should easily be stable up to at least 3.0Ghz, your Opty is of fine pedigre! I think your CABYE is one of the most saught after of all Opty's! Even with my CACJE which is not as widely known I'm stable at my current settings. I'm in the process of testing and taking screenies of everything so I can add mine to the overclocking database in the near future! Plus I am somewhat memory limited at the moment while my Redline XP4000's at being RMA'ed! Once I get them back I will continue tweaking, testing, tweaking, testing, etc...

On a side note, I have never really used dividers before on DFI boards. I'd like to test it out so I can get a higher clock speed even though my current RAM tops out at 270 before I start having problems. From experience do any of you guys know of a stable divider to use on my Expert with BIOS version 12/07/05 along with my CACJE? Then last but not least, is Clockgen just used for taking screeenies or are you guys actually usign to make changes? Is it easier or better than just using the BIOS? I mean you still have to restart after you make chages with clockgen right? Thank you very much guys and good luck Phelan1777!

Thanks for the vote of confindence,

As for ClockGen I experimented with it, just to see if I could get something out of it, and at least with my roomies XP2500/NF7-S, he got a boost of a few hundred points in 3DMark01, going from 1.8GHz to 2.0, then again this was with said hardware. If he has a newer card, (9800Pro currently) then maybe see a real increase in score, but he won't get off his lazy butt and get a decent job to buy a card.

WITH OUT RESTARTING! Changes were immediate.

When I tried to OC with clockgen, on my rig at stock settings, it would get to 2.4 and then would (Crash)reboot. So in my limited experience I could say you don't have to reboot for it to work. When I find the stable oc settings for my rig........(maybe after I go to 2GB) then I will play with more, and see if I can maybe, maybe hit 3Ghz, that would so make my day!

ok, here is my baby :)

prime12std512mb1zu1large2do.th.jpg

i had problems with my corsair, ram, but then i used the bios from ocz tony and it worked :D

first only with one stick. the timings and volts are high, but im still testing system is running since monday and im still in the hot-testingphase^^

reporting back with other results!

___

EDIT: one question: if OCCT run fine with one stick but fail with two, is this a problem of the memorycontroler or is it motherboard/ram related?

EDIT2: perhaps it is important that both sticks are 9h memteststable in dualcannel.