LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

It might or might not overclock better. Sometimes it becomes better to fix er up for jsp and yet all the good tiimings are still there but with a greater ease of bootup from defaults.

RGone...

what does jsp mean???

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony,

I do understand what you are saying I knew of the risks from the initial release. I knew it was completely out of your hands and was just hoping that officially the issue would have been fixed up so that all options could be used without the risk of killing your cpu like other bioses. Obviously I do not want my CPU killed so will be grateful for what you have to offer.

Just a couple quick questions.

I normally ran 1.350 + 123% to get 1.661v.

I suppose closest I could run would be 1.50 + 110% to still get 'close' to what I had before but without the risk of killing my cpu.

Now, I always found the 123% to play the best and I don't know why. Has anyone found other % ratings to be just fine when obtaining overall vcore or does certain % surely make a difference?

Lastly, is this 704-2bt2 faster, slower or the same as the previous Bigtoe mod or original release of 704 from Oskar himself?

I am willing to give this a try if my vcore mentioning of above works fine, which I obviously won't know until I try it, however a response on whether different % ratings matter even if ending vcore is the same would be appreciated.

Thanks again Tony and keep up the good work.

cantankerous

This build has issues, the isses are if you set 123% on the vcore or higher the bios will kill your cpu...simple or that. So I removed the options.

Now i can do you a special and let you kill your CPU but don't go moaning to me or DFI....just let me know if this is what you want?

This bios is built off a build Oskar churned out for me, its a -2 so its universal and it does NOT apply 0.1V more vidmm if you set trcd to 2. It also seems to be about the best build out there for the bulk of users, some will still find their boards/ram prefere other bios builds, but on the whole most seem to like my 704.

So now you know about ther bios, its completley upto you whether you flash it.

Best bios so far I think, but I have a question... Dram Drive Strength option was changed, I mean, now I can choose weak 1, normal 1, weak 2, normal 2, weak 3, normal 3, weak 4, normal 4. I want to know what will give me the best performance. Thanks in advance. Great bios!...

From Chile :D

Best bios so far I think, but I have a question... Dram Drive Strength option was changed, I mean, now I can choose weak 1, normal 1, weak 2, normal 2, weak 3, normal 3, weak 4, normal 4. I want to know what will give me the best performance. Thanks in advance. Great bios!...

From Chile :D

I think i can get that one, correct me if i'm wrong

Weak 1 = Level 1

Normal 1 = Level 2

Weak 2 = Level 3

Normal 2 = Level 4

Weak 3 = Level 5

Normal 3 = Level 6

Weak 4 = Level 7

Normal 4 = Level 8

Previous bioses required me to set Drive Strenght to 3 for PCmark 04/05 to bench. Now it looks like its (1 Weak). edit 3 weak also works when im running DDR600 (300HT)

I think i need to up my LDT voltage to 1.4V thanx Rgone!