Sign in to follow this  
OCZTony

LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

Flashed the 704-2 bios a few days back and am quite pleased - it is very stable and rock solid - memtest and prime stable for 8 hours, no errors.

I do however, have one issue - I can't run my 3700 Sandy at the 11x multiplier at any frequency. With the official 623-3 BIOS I got 11x but couldn't get over 240mhz, whereas now I am stable at 275, but only 10x (so I suppose I'm slightly ahead of the game with respect to overclocking!) At any rate, I appreciate the time and effort you put into cleaning this one up and just want to pass on my thanks,

Cheers,

Hello,

Do you mean 704-2 or 704-2BTA?

704-2 had a bug that can kill your CPU.

Hi - Sorry, I am definitely using OCZTony's 704-2BTA, thanks for the head's up.

Very strange - lots of errors in memtest and Prime won't even start the torture test - even when I run the system at stock settings with the multiplier at 11x.

Cheers,

Guest drteming

Just got a bios savior yesterday, decided to play around. Tested out 704-2BTA; memtest went fine with memories in the yellow slots. Booted into windows without any problems on stock settings. However, cannot get anywhere near my everyday settings of 278 x 9. Oh well, back to 623-3 and the orange slots. Nuts!

It's now been almost 3 months since we've last seen a beta bios from DFI, let alone an official one...

Can we expect to start seeing those any time soon again?

No offense Bro - but the 704 BTA is the 704 WITHOUT the voltage bug. :)

You want the 704 without the issue of possible CPU damage when using 123% or over.

j/t - yes I see where you are coming from but I thought FireFoxAG may have had something different in mind. I had totally convinced myself that my 3500 Winchester absolutely/positively needed the 123% multi to overclock properly. But since I've been using the 7/04-2bta at 1.425x113% I have had fantastic luck and total stability.

I would bet money that with the upcoming release of the Crossfire and Expert boards they are requiring Oskar's total attention. Maybe Hellfire or another modder can get the higher multipliers back for us. But I think many would be gunshy about testing it.

Just to let you know I was using 618-1 bios and was very happy with 300X9 for a while. Trying to push it further I discovered 2 things, I couldnt get it stable past 2835 and I couldnt even get into bios at 305....

Flashed to 704-tba and I'm playing with 315X9 now lol

also flurting with 11X260 and 10X285+

I'm gonna prime 312X9 tonight.

Badass bios :nod:

No offense Bro - but the 704 BTA is the 704 WITHOUT the voltage bug. :)

You want the 704 without the issue of possible CPU damage when using 123% or over.

j/t - yes I see where you are coming from but I thought FireFoxAG may have had something different in mind. I had totally convinced myself that my 3500 Winchester absolutely/positively needed the 123% multi to overclock properly. But since I've been using the 7/04-2bta at 1.425x113% I have had fantastic luck and total stability.

I would bet money that with the upcoming release of the Crossfire and Expert boards they are requiring Oskar's total attention. Maybe Hellfire or another modder can get the higher multipliers back for us. But I think many would be gunshy about testing it.

I meant a 704 version that dosen't have the voltage bug. As in you CAN use 123% and upward, AND not damage your CPU. 704-BTA technically still has the bug, but the options that were dangerous are hidden, bro ;)