LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

SORRY -

had problems with this bios....constant bluescreens/pfn_list corrupt and similiar nonsense.

Also..it woudl be nice if we had a definitve answer about how the new drive-strength patched values correspondend to the old bios, eg. 310p ?

Guessing is NICE....but i dont want to.

For TCCD i need DRAM drive strength of 7 and data drive strength of 2 - i set wo "weak 1" because i just did not know what to use. Myybe this was the reason for the crashes ?

Please clarify this if possible.

NOW FLASHING BACK AGAIN.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............and testing "weak 4"........otherwise i cant explain that everyone says this bios is great but i have such problems...

Edit: Yeah......"weak 4" seems to do the trick.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For TCCD i need DRAM drive strength of 7 and data drive strength of 2 - i set wo "weak 1" because i just did not know what to use. Myybe this was the reason for the crashes ?

Please clarify this if possible..

I think i can get that one, correct me if i'm wrong

Weak 1 = Level 1

Normal 1 = Level 2

Weak 2 = Level 3

Normal 2 = Level 4

Weak 3 = Level 5

Normal 3 = Level 6

Weak 4 = Level 7

Normal 4 = Level 8

DarkPoe is 100% correct..

:nod:

The 704-2bta bios are working great for me. I'm back up to speed at lower volts so I might even be able to push it a little higher. So far i've run 3dmark2001 and large FFT's for a couple hours and look to be stable. No probs here with these bios.

i changed the "basic" ram timings from auto to 2 2 2 8, and the htt multiplier from auto to 4x and now no bsods, 32 passes of memtest full tests, and 8 hours of prime with no truble :P

finally i can use my pc with no errors with no oc :P

nice bios :D

i'll be overclocking soon i hope

Hello People, well i'm building a new pc, I asked so many times here for questions and everything is resolved.

My question is: ¿This 704-2BTA its the same of BigToe? Or it's another one?

Well this 704-2BTA is the best for my Pc?? and my OCZ VX PC-4000?

Thanks a lot! ;)

Hello People, well i'm building a new pc, I asked so many times here for questions and everything is resolved.

My question is: ¿This 704-2BTA its the same of BigToe? Or it's another one?

Well this 704-2BTA is the best for my Pc?? and my OCZ VX PC-4000?

Thanks a lot!

The 704-2bta is the Big Toe latest bios. Only you can say if this is your best bios. These bios work for me, I run at 2.7 gig speed 24/7 and want a stable system. The only reason I changed from the 3.16 bios was I am going to upgrade to 2 gigs of memory soon. I think the 704's will make 2x1gig work for me without probs.

ive had my MB for a few months now and have had various issues here and there that were reduced thanks to the efforsts of the great people here. i swapped ram bc newegg tricked my noob butt into comboing crap ram with this board.(I should of read ahead) So i rma'd and went with 4x 512 ocz gold ( i should have read ahead about 4 sticks) and could only run ddr 333 freq with tight timings. 2 2 2 5. Loosening timings and uping frequency killed me and i had to clear cmos bla bla bla.

With your bios i am Now running stock ddr400 2 2 2 5 . with the 4x512, And i am so happy about that. Once i get used to this ill start amping up things.... just need a bigger power source.

thanks again.