LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shake: :nod: :D

Cleaned the build up a little, renamed a few options to make them easier to understand and set the bios defaults to be more friendly at boot.

Rgone loves this build already...thought i would share here ASAP, he says its much better than anything he has tested before.

Grab it here

Its tested as good if you have the need to play, post here if you like the build.

hI! PEEPS Im running 300HT 8X still stuck with 2.4Ghz THO BUT im Dual prime95 stable!!

Special THANX to ANDY BigToe and DFI this bios seems to work very well. max async latency is set to 7 instead of 8. Pls keep up the good work!!

I would recommend all to use this bios it also needs to be put up on techpowerup :nod: :shake:

I finally jumped on this and flashed my board to this bios. Booted up np and so far it seems the same as my 618 though I have not gone into real testing for stability but no issues so that is good. One thing I am a little upset about is the fact that even with this bios I cannot use yellow slots. Ever since 510-2 I have tried to do this and every time it gets to verifying dmi pool data during post the system halts and goes into endless reboots. Extremely annoying as I really thought this bios would have allowed me to use my yellow slots. Why some people can use yellow slots and others can't is completely beyond me. I don't think I am too far off in saying that these boards have had some slight 'modifications' or revisions on later manufactured boards to try and rectify the cold boot issue some were having. I bought my board when it first came available and it doesn't seem to work like many others out there and I have no clue why. Dissapointing to say the least. One thing that is somewhat strange is that if I load optimized defaults with my ram in the yellow slots it will post sometimes however the computer still seems wonky while in use. The second I setup the bios to how I normally run it endless reboots during post. Anyone have a clue what in the bios I may be changing that is not allowing it to run as should?

One thing I am happy about is that I can now use DRAM response time of fastest where as previously I couldn't as that option would as well cause endless reboots during post right when verifying dmi pool data would have been shown on the screen.

Wondering Tony, you still plan on working on the OCZ memtest? I think modifying the latest 1.60 and inputting it into this bios would be great.

If anyone else is having issues with yellow slots please let me know so I am not the only one. I am not looking for people who's yellow slots yield a lower overclock but mainly people who get endless reboots with their ram in the yellow slots with post halting when verifying dmi pool data should be shown. If anyone has any ideas to get the ram running properly in the yellow slots please do let me know.

System is exactly as in sig.

Thanks.

I will add to the thanks. Seems to work great here.

TMOD did a great job with his boot CD. When I originaly flashed to 704-2, I couldn't post without a cmos clear. With this bios and TMOD it was easy, no drama.

Thanks again guys.

"I pity the fool" :)

Yes, a big thumbs up for Tmod's CD. very smooth flash.

Cantankerous can you post your DRAM settings for the BH-6?

Both boards same revision and shiped with same 1/25 bios. Mid Feb and Late May purchases from NewEgg. 1st board just can't clock as high in yellow. 2nd one does better in Yellow. (shrug) friggin voodoo :D

I've been testing some Mushkin PC3200 Black Level II BH-5 with these settings (the higher values) from one of Tony's posts at bleeding edge.

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....046&postcount=3

allowed me to get stable real fast with 2 sets of 2x256 PC3200, 1 set of Mush PC3500, and 1 set of 2x512 OCZ PC3200 (BH-5/UTT) seemed to give me a good starting point to tweak from. DRAM was set to Normal and then moved to fast.

0648 does seem to work well where I used to use 3120 or 3072/

i tryed this bios (and many others) because without overclocking (still haven't finished my custom case and the wc isn't ready either), i had many diferent BSODs, while playing warcraft 3, BF2, while EXITINg war3 and wow, and while doing "nothing" (many diferent ones, some saying that i had a faulty INTEL procesor when i looked em up with google...)

with the 501-2fix and 2,5 4 4 10 "and the rest really high/NOT tight", and CPC off, i had aparently solved the problems.

then i tryed this bios with default settings and they came back.

the thing is, i have good ram, so i think its either faulty, cause it should run with cpc on at least, @ ddr400 (no oc), but memtest didn't show this, or i did something TERRIBLY wrong to my windows (with nlite or some other modification )

or maybe the board ? what do you think ?

Yesterday nite using WinFlash to this new BIOS, very smooth. And this was amazing, this BIOS is the best at this moment, my 2GB Gold can only reach 272x10MHz stable @ 9/10 while 274MHz unstable at all. But using this BIOS, I can reach 277x10MHz Super-Pi stable by using 1.53V :eek2:. So, I am quite happy now & will do some prime & OCCT later this week.

Conclusion, this is a MUST HAVE BIOS. I probably will put my PC5000 back to do bench again. :nod:

THANK YOU OCZTony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got the 2x512 OCZ ram, which I had problems with here and there (not booting on low voltage), but that was fixed in the June release. I love ram, I just need more.

I got the 2x1gig Crucial Value ram which for the life of me I could NOT get to work. I could sit in the BIOS ALL DAY stable, but as soon as I started to boot (Windows, Memtest, boot disk, etc) it would lock or reboot within seconds. People kept telling me I had it all jacked up (I tried everything from auto everything, people's working settings, to the higest timings possible) all with the same results.

Well, it's working like a champ in this new version. Finally I can get BF2 to run well! :D:D:D

Sure that mR. BT will be glad to hear of all the glowing reports for the 704-2BTA when he gets out of his beach chair after putting down the Greacian Vino. Me thunks he takes a well deserved break from all puters and fast pace.

Luck to you all.

RGone...