NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

There's more to it than just burning the ISO to a DVD. The ISO itself is actually an image file. I actually have Nero but I don't have it installed, so I can't tell you how exactly to do it. But it's something about burning an image or something. Also the MD5 checksum thing isn't necessary. :P

(although if it is corrupt, it could ruin your BIOS. But I'm not sure the odds of that happening nor that it would even unzip if it was corrupt)

So I have to burn it on a dvd or can I just burn it on a CD??? So when I get ready to burn the "image" on the cd using nero, I just need to make sure to choose the program stating burning "image" on cd?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on a second, I just noticed you have an Intel board. I'm not even sure if Tmod's CD will work. :/

NO, no no. That's my current sig. I have a new pc that i had for 2 months now and I haven't been able to use it because I've been waiting on people to help me put together my new pc. Here's my new sig that i'm trying to get up and running.

[b]Opty 175, DFI nf4 ultra d, BFG 7800gt oc, ocz 2 gig platinum memory, Ocz modstream 520w, raptor 74gb.[/b] I followed the turtorial that sharp gave me up till dl the tmods updated bios. After that i'm not sure what to do. You said that iso file a "image" file. I have nero, so i guess when i burn that file on a cd, make sure to burn it as a image file if i can. Next i'm not sure if i have to put the cd while it's booting up or wait until it's done booting up. Or do I do it after when i'm done installing winXP pro? Then the other steps of dl driver and what not.

OK, then. Well what you do is put the CD in the drive before you reboot. You may have to change the boot order in the BIOS. When the screen comes up, choose from the list of nF4 BIOSes and press enter. Any of them should work but I chose to stick with the factory BIOS, which is something like N4D623-3. After you press enter it should be self-explanitory. I didn't screw it up so you shouldn't have trouble either. ;)

OK, then. Well what you do is put the CD in the drive before you reboot. You may have to change the boot order in the BIOS. When the screen comes up, choose from the list of nF4 BIOSes and press enter. Any of them should work but I chose to stick with the factory BIOS, which is something like N4D623-3. After you press enter it should be self-explanitory. I didn't screw it up so you shouldn't have trouble either. ;)

Just to make sure after when I flash the bios, following sharps tutorial, then I install the winxp pro and other programs right?

Just to make sure after when I flash the bios, following sharps tutorial, then I install the winxp pro and other programs right?

You don't have to do a fresh reinstall of Windows after you flash it, but if it's not installed already then yes, go ahead and install it. Basically once it says "flashing complete" or whatever it says, you're back to where you were before you updated it (except of course you have the new BIOS).

You don't have to do a fresh reinstall of Windows after you flash it, but if it's not installed already then yes, go ahead and install it. Basically once it says "flashing complete" or whatever it says, you're back to where you were before you updated it (except of course you have the new BIOS).

My buddy put a boot leg version of winxp pro. I have a legit copy and I want to put that one on after when i'm done flashing bios. Hey bro thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I haven't flash the dam bios yet because I need to get dam cd to burn the iso image lol. But thanks again for answering my noob questions lol. :confused: :O

So what kind of case do you have? Is it a midtower or the bigger one? And what did you decide on, water cooling or the Zalman?

I think if you get this micro-defined from beggining to end, you may cut down initial build questions by a factor of 10! Great so far.

You skipped the step of placing the fan on the heat sink and plugging in the fan connector. For completeness, might be helpful to include that step.

The latest bios setting for the Ultra D nF4 is dated is 11/14/2005 for 704-2BT is that correct? I got the date from DFI.com. Second questions is there a difference between the DFI.com bios update and TMOD's bios update???

No problem :nod:

So what kind of case do you have? Is it a midtower or the bigger one? And what did you decide on, water cooling or the Zalman?

Right now my components are sitting on top of my LanParty box, but I'm building an acrylic case.

Also, I haven't quite decided yet whether I'm going to get a new HSF or watercool. If I go with the HSF it'll be either the Zalman or the Thermalright SI-120.

No problem :nod:

Right now my components are sitting on top of my LanParty box, but I'm building an acrylic case.

Also, I haven't quite decided yet whether I'm going to get a new HSF or watercool. If I go with the HSF it'll be either the Zalman or the Thermalright SI-120.

Since you have a different mobo then I do, but i'm going to ask you this anyways just in case you know. The latest bios setting for the Ultra D nF4 is dated is 11/14/2005 for 704-2BT is that correct? I got the date from DFI.com. Second questions is there a difference between the DFI.com bios update and TMOD's bios update???