Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

Since you have a different mobo then I do, but i'm going to ask you this anyways just in case you know. The latest bios setting for the Ultra D nF4 is dated is 11/14/2005 for 704-2BT is that correct? I got the date from DFI.com. Second questions is there a difference between the DFI.com bios update and TMOD's bios update???

Actually it would be the same as mine since we both have nF4 LanParty boards. However I'm not sure what you mean by 704-2BT. Second, yes, Tmod's BIOS is the same as what you would get from the website, as long as you choose the BIOS that has the same name as the one from the website. There are also beta BIOSes in there which have uses, but in general stick with one of the BIOSes that the dfi website would give you.

Actually it would be the same as mine since we both have nF4 LanParty boards. However I'm not sure what you mean by 704-2BT. Second, yes, Tmod's BIOS is the same as what you would get from the website, as long as you choose the BIOS that has the same name as the one from the website. There are also beta BIOSes in there which have uses, but in general stick with one of the BIOSes that the dfi website would give you.

I got this off someone else's rig "DFI LanPartyUT nF4 SLI-D motherboard (704-2bta BIOS)" and that number 704-2bta I think is the bios latest update. I've seen that on a few rigs and read other forums that it's the latest update. I mean i'm not to sure but I was just curious if the bios update i'm going to uses from tmods is the same as 704-2bta. If you find out let me know or send me a link so i can read up on it. thanks.

I got this off someone else's rig "DFI LanPartyUT nF4 SLI-D motherboard (704-2bta BIOS)" and that number 704-2bta I think is the bios latest update. I've seen that on a few rigs and read other forums that it's the latest update. I mean i'm not to sure but I was just curious if the bios update i'm going to uses from tmods is the same as 704-2bta. If you find out let me know or send me a link so i can read up on it. thanks.

I'm actually not sure, but you can look for it in the list of BIOSes in the menu thing there. If you don't see it you can always exit out and do some more research.

I'm actually not sure, but you can look for it in the list of BIOSes in the menu thing there. If you don't see it you can always exit out and do some more research.

Well I dl the image file and put it in my dvd rom but nothing happened when i tried booting up from the cd. What is it suppose to do?

Hey do you know how to use memtest86? I went to the website downloaded the lastest version, unzipped it. But after that I'm lost. Do i need a floppy drive for it to work? I do have one but it's borken. Is there any other way of doing it? I should remind you i'm not technical with comps. A big newbie that shouldn't had bought dfi mobo because it's for more advance users, but I got this damn pc to work. My second questions to you, what is your gpu core temp? Mine is at 35C? Is that about normal? I have a BFG 7800gt

I'm actually not that advanced myself, but so far you've asked questions that I knew. :P

I've never run memtest before, so I can't help you there.

35C sounds like a good temp for any kind of chip. My GPU runs at 50, which I think is hot. And the fan is loud, too, but that's another issue. :P

I'm actually not that advanced myself, but so far you've asked questions that I knew. :P

I've never run memtest before, so I can't help you there.

35C sounds like a good temp for any kind of chip. My GPU runs at 50, which I think is hot. And the fan is loud, too, but that's another issue. :P

Isn't that pretty hot. I thought my gpu temp was kinda hot, but compared to yours I guess it's not that bad. What kind of vid card do you have? :mad:

Isn't that pretty hot. I thought my gpu temp was kinda hot, but compared to yours I guess it's not that bad. What kind of vid card do you have? :mad:

It's the card in my sig, an ASUS EN6600GT. It's not alarmingly hot; it isn't uncommon for a chip to get up to 50 C, but idling? The card's fan is also currently the loudest thing on my system with the exception of my 6-year old HDD's whiny noise, both of which are going to eventually be replaced or perhaps the card watercooled.