Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

It only adds .03 to the value set, it doesn't enable changing by .03

How are people geting these small incremental Dram voltage settings then?

Whats a good setting to set and forget if you want to OC with HZ?

Wow, I just bought the LanParty NF4 and was looking for a little guidance when I googled this thread ... it motivated me to register for the forum. What an excellent intro that was, it helped me quite a bit. Thanks Angry ...

if your printer doesn't have USB capability, it's so old it's a wonder it still works. :P

doh :) ... I forgot about that ... I am pretty sure a hp laserjet has usb

Wow, I just bought the LanParty NF4 and was looking for a little guidance when I googled this thread ... it motivated me to register for the forum. What an excellent intro that was, it helped me quite a bit. Thanks Angry ...

good

now make sure you read the rules of the forum and create a sig

we are very strict (and serious) about the rules around here (for your own good)

hello angry i have just fitted an xp 90 but i fitted it the other way round to the way you have shown on you pics as i like to see my tracer ram in action do you think it is ok whatever way you put it . now it idles @30c prime95 @ 55c these look ok cheers lovin this place

hello angry i have just fitted an xp 90 but i fitted it the other way round to the way you have shown on you pics as i like to see my tracer ram in action do you think it is ok whatever way you put it . now it idles @30c prime95 @ 55c these look ok cheers lovin this place

i always put my XP- heatsinks on so the fins are over the RAM and the heatpipes are on the PCI-E slot side

but with Tracers (which I assume are like Corsair modules with LED's) this is probably impossible.

I honestly don't think there is a WRONG way to mount an XP (well, there is, but I mean I don't think there is a wrong-orientation hehe) heatsink.

If it works for you, then thats all that is important. Just like Windows, there's usually always at least 3 ways do to the same thing when it comes to building a rig.

However, if you only mounted it that way just to see the Tracers' LED's light up...and the heatsink will fit with the fins over the RAM, i would honestly turn the XP sink around so that the ambient airflow from the fan blows over the RAM (if you are overclocking).

But

like i said, if the way you have it works for you, then that is all that is important!

I was wondering if someone can put an OC picture guide up like this - http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=2&sid=17

' Delete ' gets in to the bios ... is there a key to get a boot device choice instead of going in the bios all the time

What is that white plastic unit that is in the Karjan audio module package?

Thanks

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

I think F10 allows you to choose boot devices (watch the black POST screen when you first turn it on for options at the bottom)

the white plastic unit is to hold the karjan audio module in place solidly (look at the pins on the bottom of the plastic, then look at where you mount the audio module on the board...there will be two matching holes there ;) )