Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

honestly...if a user cannot follow the directions of putting a fan on the heatsink from the Thermalright guide...he doesn't need to be building computers...he needs to buy a Dell.

Harsh...but so true. If you cannot be bothered to read directions (or rules at a forum for that matter), then you have no business building anything, you should let Dell or Gateway build it for you.

I didn't cover the fan on the heatsink because its just so obvious that even glancing at the Thermalright directions and the LanParty manual would have explained it

I had some issues with my corsair memory and I ended up getting OCZ 2048 pc3200 plat ed. I basically have my pc set up but I will need to start all over. Do you have any links to help me out with the bios? I have dfi ultra d, ocz modstream 520w, bfg 7800gt, raptor 74 hd and opty 175. So basically is there a link in here where there are a step by step to help clear the bios and start fresh? And I wanted to make sure that my memory is working to full potential as well.

I had some issues with my corsair memory and I ended up getting OCZ 2048 pc3200 plat ed. I basically have my pc set up but I will need to start all over. Do you have any links to help me out with the bios? I have dfi ultra d, ocz modstream 520w, bfg 7800gt, raptor 74 hd and opty 175. So basically is there a link in here where there are a step by step to help clear the bios and start fresh? And I wanted to make sure that my memory is working to full potential as well.

did you check the Stock Speed Database?

what,only little eany tip for cpu center?!

i put it all over place..hmm,do i must re-mount my sink?

what,only little eany tip for cpu center?!

i put it all over place..hmm,do i must re-mount my sink?

if ya read the instructions at the Arctic Silver website, they say only to put a small amount, as the pressure will force it into a nickel-to-quarter sized area on the top of hte heatsink

coating the entire cpu with the stuff and hten applying high-pressure mounting of the heatsink = it will squeeze out and get into the socket or surrounding motherboard area and that can never be a good thing ;)

just to test, put only the bb-sized dot in the center like I do, and mount a heatsink

then boot up, and fool around for about 5 minutes, then shut down, and pull of your heatsink...and you can see for yourself how the thermal material spreads out

did you check the Stock Speed Database?

No I didn't. I'm a nub so, I wouldn't know how. I have a buddy that could help me out cause he knows more than I do. I just need some instructions on what do to so that way I don't have any problems. He knows more than I but, still not as technical as you guys. But if he had some good instructions on what to do, like clearing the cmos and what to set the bios at. I did have the link for it, but I can't find it now. So, if you or anyone else could get me a link to get some good instructions on what to do that would be great. thanks. I know, i know, I read that nubs like me shouldn't get DFI boards, but people told me it was good and I thought I had a friend that would help me out. The one that supposely knows what he's doing. But he flaked on me. So, any help would be good.

ty ty, I am not a newb by anymeans but this is my first pci-e board. I could belive this thing wants so much power well now I know I am all pluged in correctly puts my mind at ease. Why all the power? man this thing is running alotta volts to it. tomorrow will be its maiden run we shall see how it goes. :D

amd 3800 fx

corsair value select ddr 400 = 2 gigs

saphire x850xt

300 gig seagate baricuda sata

500 watt psu

Just completed the the assembly of my new system ( SEE SIG ) this was my first build from scratch. Wanted to say thanks for the Tutorial!!! This forum was a big part in me buying DFI....... So far so good !!! Running!!! Will update What I need to When $$ comes in....

Just completed the the assembly of my new system ( SEE SIG ) this was my first build from scratch. Wanted to say thanks for the Tutorial!!! This forum was a big part in me buying DFI....... So far so good !!! Running!!! Will update What I need to When $$ comes in....

Hey bro I have a opty 175 and same mobo. I need to get the lastest bios but I'm having a hard time in doing so. I did run the memtest in the genie bios for about 6 hrs and no errors. After that i'm suppose to get the latest bios and there's a link called Tmods. I followed the link and dl the program. But I guess I'm suppose to get md5sum to check and make sure the file is not corrupt. This is where i'm lost. I'm running XP pro. Any suggestions or a easier way about doing this? I had my new pc for almost 2 months and haven't had the chance of using it yet :confused: :confused: :sad: :sad:

Hey bro I have a opty 175 and same mobo. I need to get the lastest bios but I'm having a hard time in doing so. I did run the memtest in the genie bios for about 6 hrs and no errors. After that i'm suppose to get the latest bios and there's a link called Tmods. I followed the link and dl the program. But I guess I'm suppose to get md5sum to check and make sure the file is not corrupt. This is where i'm lost. I'm running XP pro. Any suggestions or a easier way about doing this? I had my new pc for almost 2 months and haven't had the chance of using it yet :confused: :confused: :sad: :sad:

I don't remember having to check the corruption of the file. You just burn it to a CD. It's an ISO if memory serves, so you'll need a program like Alcohol 120 or Nero to burn it.

I don't remember having to check the corruption of the file. You just burn it to a CD. It's an ISO if memory serves, so you'll need a program like Alcohol 120 or Nero to burn it.

Here's what it said: "Tmods CD6.5

This Link Is For The Download Of Tmods CD6.5 (Full ISO)

This Link Is For The Download Of Tmods CD6.5 (Full ISO) (Mirror)

This Link Is For The Download Of Tmods CD6.5 (Full ISO) (Mirrored by Malcontent)

MD5 Hash for Tmods CD 6.5, Place in a file and name the file checksums.md5 and run your favorite MD5 checker to check that the download was not corrupted or changed.

Copy and paste hash below in the file.

48AB0E76E334F0E7D2DF1073B7928C1F *Tmods CD6.5.ISO

And here's the link: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031

I'm confused and lost lol. Can you tell i'm a freakin noooob. Well any how when I did dl the program is comes up as "[savefile]051214212234_Tmods_CD6.5.rar" right? When I unzip it I just copy "ISO" file onto a cd right? I do have nero. Now when do I put the bootable cd in? After when it's done booting up or while it's booting up put the cd in? Sorry for the stupid questions but I never have done this before. Here's the link where it shows a tutorial on putting the pc together.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...8644#post418644

I'm following this tutorial and i'm stuck at the part where it saids: Skip this bit, Now you can flash the BIOS (only if memtest had 0 errors)

# Download the BIOS you want.

- Use either the bootable CD or a bootable floppy disk

Tmod's bootable CD

Make your own bootable floppy disk

FlashXpress

Now reinstall your operating system/windows XP

# Boot from the CD

# Install + quick format"

So, do i need to install winxp pro first then flash the bios or flash the bios first then intall winxp pro???? Sorry for being so long fellas.

Angry Games help a nooob brotha out here. Thanks for any help.

Also I do have a BFG 7800gt oc, do I need to install those GFX drivers and what not as well?

Here's my new RIG if I get it to work.

opty 175

OCz modstream 520

bfg 7800gt

raptor hd

Memory =OCz plat pc3200 2 gig.

There's more to it than just burning the ISO to a DVD. The ISO itself is actually an image file. I actually have Nero but I don't have it installed, so I can't tell you how exactly to do it. But it's something about burning an image or something. Also the MD5 checksum thing isn't necessary. :P

(although if it is corrupt, it could ruin your BIOS. But I'm not sure the odds of that happening nor that it would even unzip if it was corrupt)