NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

Thanks for your input Pappy. If you look at the board in the first pic you can see both the FDD & the molex connection that is described. You will also notice that the ram slots are parallel to the PCI slots. On my board the FDD con you described is there labled as FAN3 and no molex. My ram slots are perpindicular to the PCI slots. It is stated that both of those connections are needed for stability. My hope is that my board is a later board and the need for that molex connection no longer exists.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your input Pappy. If you look at the board in the first pic you can see both the FDD & the molex connection that is described. You will also notice that the ram slots are parallel to the PCI slots. On my board the FDD con you described is there labled as FAN3 and no molex. My ram slots are perpindicular to the PCI slots. It is stated that both of those connections are needed for stability. My hope is that my board is a later board and the need for that molex connection no longer exists.

The motherboard depicted in the first post is the LanParty SLI-DR I believe. The Expert is slightly different, in that there is one extra PCI slot, the +12V connector is 8-pin rather than four, the RAM is positioned differently, and, apparently, there is no molex connector. I think the FDD connector is still there, though, so take another look.

Yeah Bearskin, as General Septem said this thread features initial build picstures of DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR. The UT SLI Expert's Memory slots are perpendicular to the PCIE and PCI slots as you said and has only three power input connectors. So, no molex for you!

Here is the official DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert product page http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_sp...TYPE=LP&SITE=NA

Counting the seconds til mine arrives...tic-toc...tic-toc

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ANGRY?

A gentleman treats others with respect even though the other person is wrong.

tell you what dude

when you are an engineer

and you work for a thermal interface company

or you make cpu's for a processor mfg

or hell, when you are a thermal engineer that designs microprocessors for a living and can correlate heat dispersion with scientific proof to show ArcticSilver, the mfg of the thermal compound, as being full of crap and you know more than they do...then you can post such stupid, useless rubbish in these forums and not be told it is stupid useless rubbish.

until you are an expert on the situation though, you simply wont be allowed to spread your OPINION to users here about such a thing, especially since AS themselves ARE EXPERTS and know MORE THAN YOU about such things.

I'm getting quite tired of you internet experts that probably still live at home with mom coming into this forum (and other forums) claiming to be an expert when in reality you are simply repeating something you heard on a another forum from another 'internet expert' or that you heard in your high school math class.

If you have no facts and proof to back it up, don't bother posting it. We have a hard enough time getting everyone to listen to FACTS AND TRUTHS as it is about how to do something.

Happy_Games often writes what I think :)

But nevertheless he is right... if everyone could write anything they want this forum could build up quite fast with rubbish..

Internet is wonderful for connecting people, put sometime you just gotta pull the plug if you know what I mean :D

• 1 month later...

Ok, going to look like a noob here, but I am not sure on something. Last year I built my dfi-sli-dr rig and moved the sli/single vga jumpers to the lower set of pins for sli and my 6800ultras. Checked everything and was running in 8x with two gpus just as it should. Welded the case shut and left it alone as it was running great (just kidding of course). Now I stuck in my new single 8800gtx (in the top pci-e slot of course) and moved the jumpers up to the top set of pins. Is that right?Or should they still be on the bottom set of pins? I looked at Happy's very first picture of this thread to kind of confirm it. Checking cpuz it shows it as 8x graphics interface? Thees no way to tell right now with nvidias dang drivers what speed the pci is running like you used to. Guess I could also check Everset though.

Oh yeah, dont make fun of my bios version. I figure if it aint broke, dont try and fokk it up ...err fix it.

untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for the reply General. 99% sure they are on correctly, but will check again to be sure. And yup, moved all six of them up to the top pin set.

...Edited... Tried the newest version of CPUZ. and it does show the correct "supported" speed, but still an showing 8x inteface. Hope one of the gurus here can confirm if this is correct for my mobo. Thnaks guys.

untitled-2.jpguntitled-3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all !

I'm french and don't speak/write english very well but I'll try it ;)

So I know this forum by a friend who try to help me with my DFI LanPartu Ultra-D ...

I explain : I tryed to upadte my BIOS via DFI'site, I download files, copy them to disk A,reboot, install ... ok

but when my PC reboot I have a beautiful black screen, 4 red leds on 5, and my speakers are ringing ...

My friend tell me how to do but it doesn't work (I tryed to move JP2 (CMOS, red jumper), then the blue one (safe boot))

After I tryer a lot of things but it's always the same ("I have a beautiful black screen, 4 red leds on 5, and my speakers are ringing")

so I need your help to give me exactly what to do like :

1)turn off computer

2)pull off alim

3)move JP2 (CMOS, red jumper) to ...

4)remove the BIOS's battery

5)wait

6)before pull on and turn on, put BIOS's battery ... etc

I'm sorry if I don't post at the right place, but I really need your help, I'm despaired (?) so I would like to thank you for your help !

I tryed to search on this forum but I have some problems with english (not with people ;)) because I think that I'm not the first one who have this problem ! ^^

See you'

• 3 months later...